Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Am I a cheap crafter? YOU decide!

I've been inspired to make a shaker card after seeing a post by Jennifer Loftfield from Caffeinated Papercuts (found here). I've seen plenty of shaker cards, but for some reason, Jen made it look so easy that I had to give it a try.  With that being said,  I've got 3 recycled items on this card.  Way back in the day, a crafty friend (You know who you are Nancy) told me to save everything. 
EVERYTHING!  Well I admit.... I do save a lot of scraps, so let me share my cheap, crafty ways: (see below)

 
 
 
1.  The acetate was cut from a larger piece that once held gemstones.

2.  I made some glitter dots out of a scrap piece of cardstock. Just run adhesive over it, shake on some glitter and press in, then cut your dots with a hole punch .

3.   Do you use foam dots? Don't throw away the "frame". I cut sections of the leftover frame and use to raise items on my projects like the flower on this card.

 
 
 
 So, yeah, I can be a little thrifty in my crafting but that's not a bad thing. Oh, did I mention the lovely Crate Paper floral background? I found this 36 sheet 6x6 pad at the Tuesday Morning store for 2.99. Cheap IS good!
 
 
(Supplies: Unity Stamp Co Feel Good Sentiment kit, sequins, Scotch foam backing, gold glitter, glue runner,  Crate Paper Maggie Holmes paper stack, Bic Mark-it red pen, Memento Luxe black ink, craft lace, The Paper Studio white flower, Valentine glitter heart, houndstooth red washi tape (maker unknown)

2 comments:

  1. Oh, never throw away goodies like that! That's not cheap, that's saving money for new goodies... lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been so out of the loop...just now trying to get caught up on my reads....Hahaha, yes, Terri I did tell you to save everything!

    ReplyDelete

(Ignore the robot caption feature and just click submit for your comments. It's a blogger glitch) I appreciate each and every comment. Thank you so much!