Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Manly birthday card

Sunday was my dads birthday.  It was late Saturday when I remembered.  Did I have an appropriate card in my stash?  Unfortunately for me, that was a big N-O. 
 
Tired as I was, I decided to whip something up with paper and stickers.  I'll be the first to tell you, I am NOT a sticker snob.  I know as we grow and develop as crafters and move on to other, more advanced techniques, sometimes we leave behind our first loves; stickers.
 
I've got quite the stash.  In fact, the accordion binder that holds my stickers is literally bursting at the seams.  Even now, if I see a cute set or set of words I like, I'll grab it.  Especially if it's on clearance! 
This card took me 2 minutes to make.  Yes, 2 minutes.  I used a Grandfather set from Me and My Big Ideas that had a brown crushed velvet type material and paired it with some scrap designer paper.  I had previously made that twine bow (May Arts Ribbon) and it was perfect for this card. 

And Pop was all a grin when my child gave it to him.
 
Lesson here?  Don't be a sticker snob.  They might just save the day. 
 
 
 
 
Visit our challenge blog where  currently you can upload your beach or nautical themed card for a chance to win a prize from one of our sponsors.  Hurry, ends 7/18/14!  Follow this link:
 
Please visit May Arts to see all the lovely colors of  2mm bakers twine, including the kraft color above.  They have a HUGE selection of twine and ribbon choices.   Love this stuff! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

(Ignore the robot caption feature and just click submit for your comments. It's a blogger glitch) I appreciate each and every comment. Thank you so much!