Tuesday, July 15, 2014

The Quest for CHA, Part 7

(To view the entire saga, view my blog archives...this is my Quest to get into the Craft and Hobby association trade show in Atlanta)
 
If you are reading about this quest for the first time, yesterday I got word from CHA that they want me to be a guest blogger.  I think it's kind of cool that this is an inaugural event, not only the fact that its papercrafter oriented but that it's also the first time to have a guest blogger.  I'm not sure if they've had guest bloggers before that were industry people, but for sure, never someone like you and me; end users of the products.  So it's a duo-inaugural event! 
 
Yesterday, as you can imagine, I was pretty jacked up on adrenaline and coffee.  By late evening, I had so many thoughts going through my mind that I called my mom and chewed her ear for almost an hour and a half.   By 11:20 pm, she pointed out the fact that I had chewed her ear for almost an hour and a half and promptly went to bed.
 
So, here's a few of the rambling thoughts that set up residence in my head:
 
  • Have I bitten off more than I can chew? 
When I visualize the task ahead it does seem a daunting task indeed.  This is a first for CHA, but it's also a first for me.  There's a lot of what ifs but regardless of the occasional niggling doubt, deep down, I am up for the challenge and ready to go!
 
  • Which Terri do they want?  Professional Terri or Jim Carrey on estrogen?                       

 
How about a nice mix? Even though, I do lean more towards Jim Carrey as my friends and family will attest.....(Seriously? He stole a lot of my material!)  I've got to be me, right? I will do my best to keep it in check. 

Any advice for me? I would love it if you share your advice and maybe even some questions you'd like answered. Is there something you would like me to ask some of these wonderful companies or anything specific you want to know? Comment here if you do.
 
Now for a shameless plug: we're having a challenge giveaway at Mountain Plains Crafters this week. Come and link up for a chance at a prize! Submit your beach/ nautical themed project. Hurry, ends 7/18/14.
 

1 comment:

  1. The one thing I didn't see you mention was... what do I wear? I am so excited for you.

    ReplyDelete

(Ignore the robot caption feature and just click submit for your comments. It's a blogger glitch) I appreciate each and every comment. Thank you so much!