Saturday, July 12, 2014

You are Wonderful

I created this to be a thank you card to EVERYONE!  Seriously, I'm getting a lot of support and love from people in my life lately, online and off, so I just wanted to express my appreciation.  You are wonderful and a bit fabulous too. Of course, I can't just leave it at that, right?  Oh no.  A good crafter shares their showcased products and a little tutorial.  

So here goes:

You can see in the photos below some of the products I used, several of which are lovely sponsors of Mountain Plains Crafters; Unity Stamp Co, Graphic 45Clearsnap, and Xyron.  I've also got a couple new products I tested for the first time, the Pretty Pink Posh sequins and the butterfly dies from Paper Smooches.

The first thing I did was cut 6 mini butterflies with the die and my Cuttlebug.  This is the perfect time to use up scraps.  Do you save your scraps?  You should!!  I had a scrap piece I saved from my Graphic 45 Sweet Sentiments pad and ran it and some of the butterflies through my Cuttlebug again; this time in a flourish embossing folder.  For the G45 paper, I sanded the raised surface for a fun, worn look.  I also cut a strip of black cardstock and trimmed it to be the shadow for my box of butterflies.  To make these little bugs easier to handle, I ran a few through my Xyron sticker maker.  The rest I plan to raise with foam dots.

Next, I painted my butterflies with Clearsnap Smooch Glitz Frost glitter polish for some sparkle and shine and quickly dried with a heat tool.  I glued sequins to the butterflies with a drop of glitter glue.  The tool you see in the photo is from the Cricut tool kit.  I use it all the time for delicate work in keeping my fingers away from messing up glueing, painting, and also to hold my item down while heat drying. 

While working with the sentiment, I did a boo boo.  I used distress markers and tried to watercolor the word "wonderful", but I was NOT happy with how it turned out.  Solution?  Cover it up!  So I restamped on a piece of cardstock, colored and trimmed, and placed it over my boo boo, raising again with foam dots.  Crisis averted and we are done!  I hope you learned a new tip or trick today.  If you did, share your thoughts in the comment section.  
Thanks!






and featuring the Butterflies Wise dies

Supplies:  Unity Stamp Co sentiment, Graphic 45 Sweet Sentiments paper, Smooch Glitz Frost glitter polish, Stickles yellow glitter glue, Xyron 2.5" sticker maker, Paper Smooches dies,  Pretty Pink Posh sequins, The Paper Studio black cardstock, Teresa Collins Xyron adhesive mega runner, TPC Studio lilac ink, Tim Holtz distress markers in squezzed lemonade and seedless preserves, Sharpie light pink paint glitter pen,  Tim Holtz sand paper

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful work, Terri! I have enjoyed perusing your blog and am awed by your talent! Keep crafting... it makes the world more beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Terri! Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with this week's Paper Smooches SPARKS Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

(Ignore the robot caption feature and just click submit for your comments. It's a blogger glitch) I appreciate each and every comment. Thank you so much!