Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Wedding/Anniversary gift box

I recently received some products from DecoArt to test and decided to try out the Paper Effects paint and Glamour Dust to make this pretty gift box.   It's just the right size for a small gift such as an ornament or decorative plate, or plenty of room for a gift card and note.  And what a lovely keepsake as well!






image on white cardstock, using my Cricut Cuttlebug Machine, V2 Green .   
                   



The accompanying DecoArt fine-point tips are a definite must for this delicate work.










I worked in sections, painting and then sprinkling glitter as this is a quick drying, non-tacky paint.


                 Look at the close-up, the way it sparkles.  I love it!  It's simply gorgeous in person.














I wanted to keep my box simple, to show that anyone can do this.  I used some old craft lace and tacked it with Tombow Xtreme Adhesive  , then added May Arts Wired String with Raffia Bows, 0.625-Inch by 50-Yard, Pink and placed random Glue Dots Mini Roll in places for the raffia bows. 
 






 You can find all the supplies mentioned above at your local craft store.  Don't have the tools to do embossing?  Find a crafty friend who does or better yet....dive in and give it a whirl. 
It's easy and fun!

#decoart #gluedots #mayartsribbon #cre8time

No comments:

Post a Comment

(Ignore the robot caption feature and just click submit for your comments. It's a blogger glitch) I appreciate each and every comment. Thank you so much!