Monday, May 11, 2015

Painting and Distressing Paper Flowers (plus a little whimsy!)

 I see a lot of serious mixed media art and I'm blown away by the talent that's out there.  I personally know a few of those talented artists and can attest to the time and energy and love that goes into the art.  I've dabbled myself but, today, I thought I'd make something that mixes in a bit of whimsy.   Plus, Simon Says Stamp is having a fun challenge starting today, if you use their products.  More at the end of this post.

(Before you leave...come like me on FB!  facebook.com/wavingmywand )




I made some die cut flowers using my Cuttlebug and Simon Says Stamp Delicate Flower dies, along with the coordinating stamp set, Friendly Flowers.  You can purchase the set which is called Hi Lovely, here: Simon Says Stamp Hi Lovely set


I stamped the flowers with Simon Says Stamp Lavender Ink and then added some additional coloring by stamping onto my craft mat and diluting the color with water, then adding a bit of Ranger Picket Fence dabber mixed in and painting on some additional color.  I scrunched  up my flowers a bit,  then let them dry overnight.


For the whimsy, I colored onto the flower and petals with a white gel pen and gave it a "cartoonish" look.   Hey, sometimes it's fun to not take life too seriously!  I did some background stamping with the stamp that coordinates with the die, then, for the center of  the flowers on the card, I placed some Ranger glossy accent and added sead beads.

Here's a picture of the stamp and coordinating die set.




I'm linking up to these challenges:


Additional supplies: Simon Says Stamp Premium Dye Lavender Ink, Twinkling H20's green shimmer paint, Quick Quotes Powder Puff purple chalk ink, May Arts Ribbon pink natural burlap string, Recollections Enamel Dot pastel green, seed beads (maker unknown), foam square dots


#ssswchallenge #simonsaysstamp #mayartsribbon #powderpuff #quickquotes #rangerink


1 comment:

  1. What a pretty card! Love the purple! The flowers are gorgeous! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete

(Ignore the robot caption feature and just click submit for your comments. It's a blogger glitch) I appreciate each and every comment. Thank you so much!