Monday, June 6, 2016

Melon Love Gift Set for TPD Stamps ~ New Release!

It's day one of the June release at Two Paper Divas Stamps and I'm sharing a fun gift set today, featuring the brand new "Melon Love" stamp set.  I'll share a few quick technique tips but don't forget to scroll to the end to see the fun coordinating envelopes as well, along with prize info and the new challenge coming up.  Oh, and did I mention all stamp sets for the new release are 20% off today and tomorrow only?


I recently came back from a craft retreat and while I was there, I won a door prize that included these fun papers from Pink Paislee, called "Fruit Stand".  I thought they were perfect to showcase the TPD melon stamps.  I also wanted to get as much bang for my buck out of these papers, (yeah, I know, they were free....) so I made 4x4 cards, getting 3 cards out of one piece of 12x12 paper.  Bonus!




I chose to keep this card set simple, without any added adornment, so the focus is on those amazing sentiments and adorable slices of watermelon.  So cute!  



All of the images are colored with Tombow dual brush pens and I used my Tim Holtz waterbrush to move around some of the color.



A scrunched up paper towel, dipped in white pigment ink, gives those melon rinds that speckled look.  I really love how the water brush gave me that marbled color that watermelon sometimes has, as pictured below.  I've also used my LaLa Land stitched circle dies for the sentiments and sponged Hero Arts ombre distress ink around the edges.  The circles and melon slices are all popped out with foam squares.


Lastly, I created coordinating envelopes with the same paper, using my We R Memory Keepers 123 Punch board.   Wouldn't it be fun to stamp and color the coordinating melon slice onto the front corner of your envelope?  




Click here to purchase Melon Love.  Be sure to leave comments on day 1 and 2 of the new release on the TPD blog to be entered to win a one of two new stamp sets!




MARK YOUR CALENDARS! JUNE 13TH - The next challenge at TPD Stamps is a sketch challenge and it's easy peasy, plus..... it's coffee/tea themed!  So break out your coffee or tea stamps and get ready.  There will be a fabulous prize up for grabs.


Visit the Two Paper Divas Blog for daily project inspiration and on Wednesdays for the Design Team Roundup.  Check out the new June release right here:



Also linking to:


Shop Two Paper Divas for a wide selection of clear stamps, digital stamps and accessories.

#tpdstamps #twopaperdivas #ranger #timholtz #watercolor #independanceday #4thofjuly #fourthofjuly#cre8time #summer #picnic #watermelon #celebrate #bazzill pinkpaislee #distress #melonlove #melon #fruit #fruitstand #lalaland #lalalandcrafts #heroarts #ombre #thanks #gratitude #wrmk #wermemorykeepers #envelope #punchboard #crafts #cards #giftset #scrapbook #papercrafts #diy #tombow #tombowusa

14 comments:

  1. Yummy! Watermelon is the perfect summer food. Love the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them! Way too cute!!
    Have a blessed day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  3. What bright and happy melon cards Terri!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect....love that paper with this stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Thank you for joining our Anything Goes Challenge #22 at Crafting With Friends!

    Tracy (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your Melon designs, just fabulous and beautifully illustrated on your blog. Nice work.
    Thank you for sharing with us over here at Classic Design Team Open Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
    [Annette Registered Owner/Admin for Classic Design Team Challenge]

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooohhhh.... your cards make me hungry! LOVE what you've created ! Thanks so much for playing with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great card. Thank you for joining us at One Crazy Stamper this month.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweeeeetttt! I love this little set of cards you made. Thanks for playing along with my Amusing Challenge this week - I appreciate it! And, congrats on making the Top 3 :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What fun and cheerful cards!! I love that you pulled so much inspiration from our challenge! Thanks for playing along at HSS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These cards are adorable! And they have matching envelopes too! Someone will certainly enjoy receiving these fun creations! Thanks for playing with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  12. May be simple but such a lovely set of cards. Melissa

    ReplyDelete

(Ignore the robot caption feature and just click submit for your comments. It's a blogger glitch) I appreciate each and every comment. Thank you so much!