Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Altered Art Journal and New Release at TPD Stamps

It's day two of the new stamp release from Two Paper Divas and I've got a pretty altered art journal for you today that features 3 of the new stamp sets; those sweet birds from "Stuck on You", Doodle Alphabet and Journal It!1.  I'm super excited that TPD is introducing fun journaling stamps, also perfect for Bible Journaling!  Be sure and visit the TPD site to check out all of the journaling stamps as I'm only featuring one today.

I'll have a full supply list at the end of this post but primarily I'm including a few key "ingredients" in making this art journal; DecoArt Multi-Surface Satin Paint, 28 Lilac Lane Embellishment Kit, DCWV papers, Bo Bunny shimmer spray.




First, I painted my journal in 2 layers of white paint.  When dry, I added my DCWV tissue paper, covering both sides with Mod Podge and sped up the drying process with my heat embossing tool.  Next, I used my Tim Holtz Crackle stencil and painted another layer of white over my stencil.  Cover with Mod Podge and dry.

To make the gold, shimmery birds, I took my Bo Bunny shimmer spray and added a few droplets on my craft mat, spritzed with a little water and stamped my birds into the mix, then stamped onto my journal.  Blot with paper towel as needed.  Leaves a gorgeous shine!




My sentiments were stamped with Colorbox archival ink and I touched up my birds and the word, "Joy" with my mix of white and neon blue paint.  I hot glued all my embellishments, including the ribbon, and embellishments from 28 Lilac Lane which included those buttons and sequins.  I carefully sealed my birds and sentiments with one last swipe of Mod Podge to make them waterproof.


I'm so happy with how this turned out!  I plan on using this as a devotion journal.  I hope this inspires you!  If you've been thinking about creating your own art/devotion journal, it takes a bit of time but it's so worth it.


Purchase Stuck on You here.



Purchase Journal It!1 here.



Purchase Doodle Alphabet here.


Visit the Two Paper Divas Blog for daily project inspiration and on Wednesdays for the Design Team Roundup.  Check out the new July release right here:



Additional supplies: DecoArt Multi-surface Satin paint in Cottonball and Neon Blue, DCWV Vintage Essentials Tissue Paper Stack, 28 Lilac Lane Autumn Afternoon embellishment kit; Bo Bunny Bronze Shimmer Spray, May Arts Ribbons, Mod Podge, Colorbox Saddle archival ink, Prima flower, hot glue and glue gun, Tim Holtz Crackle stencil


#tpdstamps #twopaperdivas #cre8time #summer  #planner #plannerstamps #timholtz #decoart #decoartblogger #stuckonyou #doodle #alphabet #journal #devotion #artjournal #altered #upcycle #28lilaclane #embellishmentkit #paint #stencil #crackle #bobunny #shimmer #dcwv #dcwvinc #vintage #tissuepaper #diy #modpodge #plaidcrafts #colorbox #prima #mayartsribbon #biblejournaling

5 comments:

  1. Oh, so very pretty Terri! I'm glad to see on FB that you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Celeste, you are such a sweetheart!

      Delete
  2. So very pretty! Thanks for the inspiration Terri. I'm loving my memory planner and look forward to staring my bible journaling. :) Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning, Terri! You outdid yourself on this journal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning, Terri! You outdid yourself on this journal!

    ReplyDelete

(Ignore the robot caption feature and just click submit for your comments. It's a blogger glitch) I appreciate each and every comment. Thank you so much!