Tuesday, October 6, 2026

Shaped Christmas Cards for Creative Kindness Foundation

Hello lovelies! I'm so happy to be partnering with the Creative Kindness Foundation for their new fundraiser that goes live today. As of this writing, I don't have all the fundraiser details, but what I can tell you is, with your $35 donation, you will receive the Festive paper pack - an 8.5 x 11 inch pack of specialty cardstock/papers chock full of glittery and shiny goodness for making the most gorgeous holiday cards. I have two different sets of cards to share in today's post. Two shaped Christmas tree cards and two shaped gift box cards. Scroll down for details. I'll have my full clickable supply list posted at the end, if you'd like more product information or wish to shop.



 (FTC Disclosure: as an affiliate for various companies in the craft industry, I will receive a small commission for purchases made through my convenient affiliate links, at no additional cost to you.) 





Included in this paper pack are cardstocks with glitter, shiny metallics, iridescent and textured cardstock/paper. The cardstocks are super sturdy. I'm not sure of the weight but I had no problem making die cuts with my Platinum 6 die cut machine.




For my first set of cards, I used the Nested Tree die set from Scrapbook.com. In fact all my products (aside from the Festive cardstock) are from Scrapbookcom, so you won't have any trouble finding what you need to re-create these cards.

To create my shaped Christmas trees, I began by lining up a sheet of white cardstock, 8.5x11 inch, making a score line using my paper trimmer with a bone folder, just below the top of the tree die.

Then I simply had to fold my paper at the score line and run my die and cardstock through my Platinum 6, making sure the top of the die is above the folded score line. I did a second die cut with the other half of the folded paper. To stabilize my cards when standing up, I opted to trim off the tree trunk at the base.

I also created tree die cuts for my front, using the gold and green glitter cardstock from the Festive paper pack.





Next, I added lots of "string ornaments", courtesy of the Celebration Banners Shaped dies, using the gold metallic and silver iridescent cardstock from the Festive paper pack.

I wanted a star to top my tree that was a little bigger. I went through my stash and found one in a baby set! It's the Special Delivery die set. I have the stamp and die set from when I made some baby shower cards awhile back.





I also used the Holiday Sentiments Word Dies with the cardstock to create those pretty die cut sentiments.





Next up, are my other two shaped cards, the Christmas gift boxes. I began by creating two 4x4 inch square top fold cards. I also used my paper trimmer to trim two gold glitter 4x4 inch squares, along with two 1/2" strips of red glitter cardstock and silver glitter cardstock.





I adhered two strips criss/cross on each box, then created the bows as toppers to coordinate with my silver and red color choices. The bow dies are dimensional set so you can stack and layer. They're from the Christmas Gift shape dies set.





Lastly, I added sentiments to the inside of my cards. For these two cards I stamped inside using Catherine Pooler ink in Amber for the gold/silver card. For the red/gold card, I stamped with the Rockin' Red ink (not pictured).

The sentiment is from the Holly Jolly Christmas stamp set. I mean, who can resist that adorable quote from the Grinch Who Stole Christmas?




Thanks so much, if you stopped by and made it until the end! I hope you have a fantastic week and I would love to see my crafty friends donate to the Creative Kindness Foundation. It's such a worthy cause and to date, they've donated over 2 million cards to various outlets and other organizations. You can always donate cards, if you're unable to donate to the fundraiser. For more information tap here.

Terri

***************************

Refillable Permanent Adhesive Runner - 49 feet
Refillable Permanent Adhesive Runner - 49 feet
Shop at:
Scrapbookcom
Artis Craft Glue - Only at Scrapbookcom
Artis Craft Glue - Only at Scrapbookcom
Shop at:
Scrapbookcom
Catherine Pooler Rockin' Red Ink Pad
Catherine Pooler Rockin' Red Ink Pad
Shop at:
Scrapbookcom
Exclusive Ergonomic Reverse Tip Tweezers
Exclusive Ergonomic Reverse Tip Tweezers
Shop at:
Scrapbookcom
Project Grip Mat Large - White - 24x18 inch
Project Grip Mat Large - White - 24x18 inch
Shop at:
Scrapbookcom
3 mm Adhesive Strips - 160 strips
3 mm Adhesive Strips - 160 strips
Shop at:
Scrapbookcom
Holly Jolly Christmas Stamp/Die Set Bundle
Holly Jolly Christmas Stamp/Die Set Bundle
Shop at:
Scrapbookcom
Gina K Designs Multi-Purpose Scoring Board Tool
Gina K Designs Multi-Purpose Scoring Board Tool
Shop at:
Scrapbookcom
Catherine Pooler Amber Ink Pad
Catherine Pooler Amber Ink Pad
Shop at:
Scrapbookcom
Exclusive Gripmate
Exclusive Gripmate
Shop at:
Scrapbookcom
Mini Misti Stamp Positioner
Mini Misti Stamp Positioner
Shop at:
Scrapbookcom
Sage Green Platinum 6 Bundle
Sage Green Platinum 6 Bundle
Shop at:
Scrapbookcom
Pink Platinum 6 Die Cut System
Pink Platinum 6 Die Cut System
Shop at:
Scrapbookcom
Craft Pick Pro 4 in 1 Tool
Craft Pick Pro 4 in 1 Tool
Shop at:
Scrapbookcom
Scrapbook.com Studio White Cardstock
Scrapbook.com Studio White Cardstock
Shop at:
Scrapbookcom
Dress My Craft Non-Stick Bone Folder
Dress My Craft Non-Stick Bone Folder
Shop at:
Scrapbookcom
SBC Paper Trimmer
SBC Paper Trimmer
Shop at:
Scrapbookcom
Celebration Banners Shaped Dies
Celebration Banners Shaped Dies
Shop at:
Scrapbookcom
Holiday Sentiment Word Dies
Holiday Sentiment Word Dies
Shop at:
Scrapbookcom
Christmas Gift Shaped Dies
Christmas Gift Shaped Dies
Shop at:
Scrapbookcom
Holly Jolly Stamp Set
Holly Jolly Stamp Set
Shop at:
Scrapbookcom
Special Delivery Stamp/Die Set
Special Delivery Stamp/Die Set
Shop at:
Scrapbookcom


































#wavingmywand #creativekindnessfoundation #creativekindness #scrapbookcom #fundraiser #cardmaking #festive #christmascards #shapedcards #christmagift #christmastree #cards #diycards #handmadecards #catherinepoolerink




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

(Ignore the robot caption feature and just click submit for your comments. It's a blogger glitch) I appreciate each and every comment. Thank you so much!