Sunday, June 8, 2014

Sympathy card watercolor sky

I hear a lot from the crafting community that folks often don't like making sympathy cards.  I understand the reasoning behind it but I feel quite the opposite.  Enjoy is not the word I would use but I do feel a purpose in the creative process.  I also believe that when you pour your heart into a sympathy card, or any card for that matter, the recipient knows it is truly heartfelt.  

That is the goal.  Believing that this card will bring some measure of comfort.  That's what spurs me on when making a sympathy card.....maybe even distract from the pain and grieving, if only for a moment.




Supplies:  Unity Stamp Season under Heaven, Tim Holtz distress markers, Twinkling H20's Watercolor paint, Pink Paislee floral stamp, Pentel yellow and sepia watercolor brushes

1 comment:

(Ignore the robot caption feature and just click submit for your comments. It's a blogger glitch) I appreciate each and every comment. Thank you so much!