Friday, October 24, 2014

Partial dry embossing, 3 different looks and some bonus tips!

Ever have a day when you start something but just can't seem to finish it?  This project started, oh, about 3 weeks ago.  Other things kept getting in the way.  You know, life.  However, today is a new day and I am going to finish this! 
 
We crafters are known for our tools and yours truly is no exception.  I love my Cuttlebug.  The hubs gave it to me for Christmas one year.  Well, actually, I said give me your credit card and I'll go buy my Christmas present.  Have you tried the partial embossing technique?  Don't you love it?  It's so easy and the possibilities are endless with what you can do.  Using this technique to embellish little things, such as these gift tags, are one way.  Just place your tag where you want the image stamped.  Usually on the the edge is where you want to do this. 
 
*Tip: Make your own tag template and stop spending money on tags!  Especially great for making tags using colored/patterned cardstock.
 
 
 
But don't stop there.  You can really jazz up your embossed image and I've got 3 different tags below that show you what I've done.  I used a snow marker on one (you can buy these at Hobby Lobby for 3.99 right now during the holiday season in the Christmas craft section, plus use a 40% off coupon!)  Snow markers are so fun.  Just run it where you want "snow" and use a heat embossing tool to dry it and it foams right up.
 
 
 On the next tag, I used a little paint and some Tulip Beads in a Bottle and for the last tag, some Zig 2 way glue and Doodlebug Designs glitter.  If you're going to make your own tags, like I do, get yourself a nice tag reinforcer die.  I love this one from Waffle Flower Crafts and it's only around $2.00!  Make all kinds of cool tag reinforcers.
 
*See that washi tape?  Tip: when using on colored cardstock, tape it over white paper, then adhere it to your project.
 
 
 
Hope you enjoy trying out this technique.  Have a wonderful holiday season!
 
Supplies:  Unity Stamp "Special Delivery" stamp from the October 2013 kit of the month, May Arts Ribbon twine, Marvy snow marker, Doodlebug Designs Sugar coating glitter in Lily White, Tulip Gold Beads in a Bottle, Plaid Folk Art white paint, Plaid Folk art Gold metallic paint, Zig 2 way glue marker, Basic Grey candy buttons, The Rubber Cafe sheer glue (for the "snow drops" which were, once dried, then painted white), washi tape, Quick Quotes Powder Puff chalk ink in yellow, Waffle Flower Crafts tag reinforcer die, SEI gold cardstock, The Paper Studio Christmas trees embossing folder, K & Co green plaid cardstock, Lil' Inker Designs stitched oval mat frame die
 
#waffleflowercrafts #unitystampco #mayartsribbon #ilovechristmas #plaidcrafts

No comments:

Post a Comment

(Ignore the robot caption feature and just click submit for your comments. It's a blogger glitch) I appreciate each and every comment. Thank you so much!