Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Adornit Be Happy Planner featuring March and Stenciling

 You may or may not know this, but I have a love-love relationship with Adornit.  I love their Art Play Paintables, their coloring books, their prints, their wood..... and on and on.  They make amazing fabric prints as well and owner/designer Carolee McMullins has been paving the way in the craft industry for 30 years.  She's a pioneer!

Now, Adornit has branched out into the realm of planners and I couldn't be happier.  It was the next, natural step in their line of paper products.  Currently, there are four different planners, designed by Carolee, Lindsay Ostrom and Stephanie Ackerman.  Plus, a host of additional planner accessories.  I'll be sharing more about those in future posts, but today, I wanted to show you the cover that I've begun working on, and the March monthly insert.

I'm featuring the Be Happy Planner designed by Carolee McMullins.  All of the planners have a kraft background which I think is truly unique.  You can color the images with many mediums, including colored pencils, however, I've chosen to color this up with my Tombow Dual Brush Markers,  accented with DecoArt Americana Multisurface Satin Paint in "Cotton Ball".  This will be a work in progress and I'll occasionally share my coloring tips and techniques.







  
Since we planner girls like to plan ahead, I wanted to go ahead and get started on my March layout.  Your planner comes with a ton of pages for monthly, weekly and other calendar documentation.  In addition, you get a monthly dashboard to color on Adornit's special artistic paper. 


Today, I'm just going to share with you the baseline for my March monthly spread.  I think adding a background to your entire layout gives your page a little more character so I've taken some of my favorite Spring-like colored inks and done some stenciling, as a jumping off point for my entire month.




Easter is coming early this year so I've chosen a Spring theme for this month.  Easter is March 27th, by the way.... mark your calendars! 

I grabbed 2 different stencils and a few cotton balls and started sponging all over my pages.  It doesn't matter to me that it may bleed to the other side of my page.  I consider it a bonus factor that my flip side will have a little character as well!  I do recommend, however, that you remove your pages from your album and work with them on your craft mat.  I just so happened to have a fabulous grass stamp from Two Paper Divas Stamps, so I stamped all along the bottom edge of both pages.


 

Now, I've got a great base for my March layout. 

Here are some of the features of the Be Happy Planner:

Featuring both monthly and weekly calendar views with blank date squares, allowing you to start any time of the year. Also including weekly sheets – great for your to-do’s, priorities, or personal goals, along with a side-bar for notes or additional lists.
• Size 9x10 inches
• 3 Ring Bound
• 12 Printed Watercolor Dashboards (dividers)
• 12 Calendar Pages
• 31 Daily Journal Squares

I hope you'll check back as I share my ideas, tips and techniques with the Adornit Be Happy planner.   Thanks so much for stopping by! 

Follow me on Social Media:




#adornit #planner #adornitplanner #plannerlove #behappy #stickers #stencil #ink #twopaperdivas #tcwstencils #thecraftersworkshop #primamarketing #spring #easter #grass #flowers #bee #tombow #tombowusa #decoart #americana

5 comments:

  1. These are SO fun! Wow! I love all the planner stuff I'm seeing lately (and I would love some spring too, like your nice green grass...it's frigid here!). By the way I saw the G&T link on your sidebar - do you have a gifted child too? Small world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer, and no, I'm just an affiliate for G&T. There are some days I certainly wish my child was gifted....particularly after a math exam!

      Delete

(Ignore the robot caption feature and just click submit for your comments. It's a blogger glitch) I appreciate each and every comment. Thank you so much!