Saturday, May 10, 2014

Hugs and jewels

This ought to brighten someone's day, don't you think?  All the pretty gemstones and the pretty butterfly....I broke in my Tim Holtz distress markers today.  Man, these things are awesome! 

So here's the breakdown; I inked my watercolor paper with distressed ink using a background stamp called Grainy Background.  All the stamps I'm using today are Unity Stamps, from 3 different kits.  Next, I added in more brown, then painted over my image with water and a paintbrush.  I did mask out an area of my background stamp before inking, to make room for the butterfly.

The butterfly stamp is from a kit called Jillibean Blossom Soup.  Once I stamped it, I then colored in with my distress markers and added droplets of water here and there.  Be sure you blot the excess liquid when done. 

Lastly, the Hug stamp is from a set called Feel Better Soon.  I made a little tag, using Basic Grey Paper Cottage stack, also inking it with my marker.  Nothing like a warm hug in a card.



1 comment:

  1. Definitely my most favorite card of yours yet. This has some gorgeous collage flair, my friend.

    ReplyDelete

(Ignore the robot caption feature and just click submit for your comments. It's a blogger glitch) I appreciate each and every comment. Thank you so much!