Monday, January 13, 2014

Re-use your K-cup in your Keurig

So I've been seeing ideas about re-using your k-cups with your own coffee.  I'm probably one of the few who have not bought a store bought re-usable cup but I know I'm not alone.  One idea I haven't seen is using parchment paper.  I'm fresh out of foil and not too crazy about using plastic wrap, so I gave the parchment paper a try since I have a bunch leftover from holiday baking.  It worked great! 

All you have to do is remove the foil lid of your used cup, empty out the grounds, being careful not to tear the inner paper filter (yes, each cup has a filter), and if you have a spray faucet at your kitchen sink,  that helps to get your cup cleaner on the inside.   Let it air dry when done rinsing.

When ready to brew, add 1 heaping tablespoon of your favorite coffee to the kcup.  Tear off a piece of parchment paper and secure over cup with a very thin elastic like a ponytail holder but not a rubberband.  I doubled up my elastic.  Trim the paper a little below the elastic.  Make sure its nice and tight.  Insert cup and brew.  Let me know if it works for you.  Keep re-using until the filter gives out.   Cool, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

(Ignore the robot caption feature and just click submit for your comments. It's a blogger glitch) I appreciate each and every comment. Thank you so much!