Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Removing gummy residue....Easy!!!!

STOP!  DO NOT TRY TO REMOVE THAT LABEL!  Now, do I have your attention?   Because I just stumbled on an easy peasy way to get that sticky mess off my glass jars for re-purposing.
First, you can thank my sister-in-law who gave all the ladies in my family a nail polish pen corrector at Christmas.  A lightbulb went off in my head today when I tried all the "very time consuming" remedies that can be found online for removing that sticky residue off jars.  TOOK ME LESS THAN 10 MINUTES!
Run your jar under very hot water for a minute or two then peel off your label.  It may vary but surprisingly, most of the actual sticker peeled right off.
 
Next, I filled that little corrector pen with nail polish remover.   Rub in a circular motion removing the excess glue and use the side of the tip to gently scrape.   Comes right off!  To finish, wash jar in warm soapy water.   I called my sis-in-law to find out where she bought the pen and it came from a website called miniinthebox.com for $1.29.  Newegg.com also sells a 5-pack for around $6.00 or look around in the beauty sections of your local store for a cheap one.   Good  luck and you can thank me later!  I plan to fill my jar with crafting supplies.  

My Pinterest - click here

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tip, Sweetie. This will come in SUPER HANDY when I start working on Easter and springtime crafts with the little ones. :-)

    ReplyDelete

(Ignore the robot caption feature and just click submit for your comments. It's a blogger glitch) I appreciate each and every comment. Thank you so much!