Saturday, August 31, 2013

BLACK AND WHITE SYMPATHY/THOUGHTFUL CARD

I made this card today which could really be used in several ways, whether it be a sympathy card or a "thinking of you" card, etc. 
 
First I ran a white card through one of my Cuttlebug folders, then I blotted the raised design gently with black ink.  I also took a piece of black and white designer paper and ran it through the same cuttlebug folder and cut it to fit inside the center image. 
 
Second, I did some heat embossing with a couple different stamped images from the Unity Stamp Co. and used a glossy black embossing powder from American Craft.
 
Lastly, I used some additional paper pieces, pop dots, ribbon and the black/silver gem?  Folks, that was a broken piece of jewelry I saved.  Save all your broken jewelry because you never know when just the right piece might add the perfect touch to your design.  And no, I am not a hoarder.  Well, maybe just a little.....*grin.
 
(One more thing......the "thinking about you" tag, actually I glued it in such a way that it juts out in a curve off the page.  You can't really tell from this angle.)
 
HAPPY CRAFTING!  Terri
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

(Ignore the robot caption feature and just click submit for your comments. It's a blogger glitch) I appreciate each and every comment. Thank you so much!