Tuesday, December 10, 2013

How cheap am I? Let me tell ya....

So I got this offer for a free 8x8 photo book from Shutterfly.  It was a printed receipt when I checked out at Target one day.  And brilliance struck.

I'm a crafty girl and a few months back I designed a sticker to use on the cards I sell and to promote my blog.   I used an Etsy seller to print my design.   The total with shipping was $12.75 for 25 stickers.   That's .51 each.
I thought, why not use the free photo book and just upload my design and make my own stickers?   I've got a Xyron 2.5" sticker maker so it's totally doable.
I selected a 9 grid square template for the photo book.  Unfortunately, I couldn't figure out a way to copy that photo onto each grid so I had to manually place that photo into each spot.   I'm cheap, remember?   I'll do whatever it takes!   

I copied that grid onto the front side of 10 pages.   It was a free 20 page book so you only want to utilize one side of the page, although if you use for another purpose like a business card you could do a 9 grid on the back of each page with other info. ...
I had to pay $8.69 for shipping.   That's 100 stickers for me at .09 each.   Of course I'll incur some cost on the adhesive but not much.   I might even punch some holes and tie ribbon for gift tags.   The options are endless when you're cheap!

I'd love to hear your ideas on other uses for free photo books. ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

(Ignore the robot caption feature and just click submit for your comments. It's a blogger glitch) I appreciate each and every comment. Thank you so much!