Saturday, December 7, 2013

Holiday traditions

My 11 year old and I are watching the Santa Clause 3 and enjoying a delicious mug of mint hot chocolate (Swiss Miss. ..yummy! )  The Christmas tree is up and its cold outside,  baby! 

I love this time of year because it's so full of traditions.   There were 5 kids in our family and one of my favorite traditions was getting to open one present on Christmas Eve.  We would stalk the presents all day trying to decide which one we would open.  Later, after everyone was in bed, my parents left the tree lights on and I would sneak out of bed late at night and lay on the couch staring at the twinkling lights.   I loved being all warm and cozy with just me, the beautiful tree, and lots and lots of presents reflecting those sparkly lights. 


My wish for you is that you remember the reason for the season and have a Christ-filled Christmas.

What is your favorite holiday memory or tradition?

No comments:

Post a Comment

(Ignore the robot caption feature and just click submit for your comments. It's a blogger glitch) I appreciate each and every comment. Thank you so much!