Thursday, June 23, 2016

Shine On with Adornit Art Play Paintables


(FTC disclosure: I have been compensated in product and all opinions are my own.  I only promote products that I use and love.)
News Flash:  Did you know Adornit Art Play Paintables were introduced in 2014?  Did you also know that everyone (and their brother) has tried to copy their formula ever since?  Well, that's my opinion at least.  Carolee McMullins is the owner/designer at Adornit and, once again, created a trend that others have tried to imitate. 



Adornit has always been an innovator in the creative market with products that range from specialty fabrics, wood products, designer papers and of course, the Art Play line which includes coloring books, coloring planners and more.  Not to mention, the Adornit Shoppes and their clothing line!



Carolee McMullins knows that, in order to be successful, you must surround yourself with like minded people, judging by the success of her company and the designers that she partners with; Lindsay Ostrom, Michelle Hamilton and Stephanie Ackerman.

I was excited to color up this flamingo image, from the "Shine On" Art Play.  You'll be seeing more from me in the coming weeks, however, here's a close-up of my colored image.  I used Tombows and watercolored much of it, including those fun polka dots in various colors.  You can see by the photo above, that I took some liberty with the cup and straw, adding watercolored stripes to my straw and green polka dots on my cup.  I actually modeled that cup after a set of green polka dot glassware that I have at home.




You can shop for all of the Adornit Play Products, here.



Look for the new Art Play Paintables to be in stores soon.  Be sure you're in the know by following Adornit on their social media.   Happy Crafting and thanks for stopping by!  Terri



#adornit #artplay #paintables #flamingo #shineon #coloringplanners #adornitplanner #homedecor #diy #summer #tombow #watercolor #stickles #coloringbooks #adornitshoppe
 

7 comments:

  1. Wow! Your water coloring looks amazing. How did oyu get those polka dots to look so perfect?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used my Tim Holtz waterbrush. One of my favorite tools. I swipe my Tombow across an acrylic block, sometimes spritzing with a little water, then grab the color with my waterbrush and start swirling circles. Super easy!

      Delete
  2. Such a sweet summer treat of a card! Beautiful coloring! Love adornit too!

    ReplyDelete

(Ignore the robot caption feature and just click submit for your comments. It's a blogger glitch) I appreciate each and every comment. Thank you so much!