Tuesday, November 1, 2016

What's Cookin' with TPD Stamps

It's time for another project featuring Two Paper Divas Stamps, and I've got a fun card today, using stamps from the What's Cookin' stamp set.  There's a store wide sale of 30% off so this is the perfect time to add this set to your collection.

My son loves to cook.  Loves it.  Did I say, he loves to cook?  In fact, he wants to be a professional chef.  I have to say, he's incredibly gifted with cooking skills in the kitchen (takes after his mom, of course).  I recently purchased some amazing papers from Kaisercraft which pair perfectly with my stamps today.




But first, I need to color up my images.  I'll admit, I've had this idea brewing for awhile so I knew exactly the direction that I wanted to take, with a vintage mixing bowl as the star of the show.  I've used my Zig Clean Color brushes for all my images today, sticking with the colors, gray, deep red, flesh, oatmeal and a white gel pen.  I also used my waterbrush to blend and dilute some of the color.


Here's a short two and a half minute video, if you'd like to see the coloring process in action for the bowl.  Today is also the start of #thedailymarker30day challenge on Instagram, hosted by Kathy Racoosin.  I'll be sharing this project over there as well.  







 When coloring the bowl, I left white space in the middle, touching up with a gel pen as well.  The gel pen served to add a little "flour" to my rolling pin, also.  Use a waterbrush to soften the look.  That's right, I use my water brush all the time with my white gel pen.  Both are staple tools on most of my projects.  Once I finished coloring, I added some glossy accents to my images.  Be sure and let your colors completely dry so they don't bleed when applying the glossy accents.  If you have a heat embossing tool, you can just take a few seconds to dry your image.





Purchase What's Cookin', here.


Visit the Two Paper Divas Blog for daily project inspiration and on Wednesdays for the Design Team Roundup.  Check out the newest release right here:



Shop Two Paper Divas for a wide selection of clear stamps, digital stamps and accessories.





#twopaperdivas #tpdstamps #card #valentinesday #love #anniversary #birthday #wavingmywand #kuretakezig #kuretakezigusa #zigcleancolors #timholtz #waterbrush #neenah #kaisercraft #bonappetit #terriburson #diy #susankweckesser #colorbox #minicolorpop #scrapbook #cre8time #craft #seasonal #sakura #gellyroll #gelpen #chef #baking #spice #rollingpin #colander #measuringcup #whatscookin #spoons #whisk #flour #cooking #recipe #vintagebowl 



2 comments:

  1. Terri, this recipe card is so very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely adorable! Makes me love this set all over again! Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete

(Ignore the robot caption feature and just click submit for your comments. It's a blogger glitch) I appreciate each and every comment. Thank you so much!