Sunday, January 22, 2017

Guest Designing with Deb and Celeste

My crafty pals, Deb and Celeste, asked me if I'd join them on their coffee crafting journey this month, as a guest designer and, of course, I'm not one to turn down the chance at making pretty, coffee themed cards, so I fell to my knees and kissed their coffee stained inky fingers, for allowing me to join in.




I broke out my Crate Paper Maggie Holmes Bloom 12x12 stack, along with the new Hampton Art Stamp designed by my other crafty pal (yes, we're all craft related in this world...) Gloria Stengel.   You can find this awesome coffee stamp at Scrapbook.com.  I do have affiliate shopping links scattered about, for your convenience, if like me, you have to have some of these goodies.

Celeste provided an inspiration mood board as pictured below, and I drew inspiration from the black/white stripes and subtle pinks.



To begin,, I inked my sentiment on a pink piece of my Bloom cardstock, using a Tombow marker to swipe across my stamp for the word "coffee".  For the upper half of my coffee wording, I used a waterbrush and blotted with a paper towel to give a slight faded look.  For the lower half of the coffee word, I added sparkle with my copper Kaisercraft glitter pen.  I love the contrast. 




I added that same pink cardstock to the inside of my card and stamped with the rest of my sentiment by masking with washi tape that I had on hand.




I used chevron ribbon and folded the center of each loop inwards and secured with a piece of Thermoweb glue line, to create a fun double loop effect.   The frame around my sentiment was created by using my Spellbinders Celebration pierced square.  I trimmed a strip of adhesive rosettes and cut them in half lengthwise, to frame my sentiment, adding strips of more Bloom cardstock patterns and Maggie Holmes Crate Paper sequins.




The teacup was also part of the Bloom collection and I fussy cut the image and popped it up on foam mounting tape.  I thought it would be a little too girly to give to my husband for Valentine's Day, so I may just save it and give it to my mom for Mother's day.  What do you think?




Thanks ladies for having me along.  I loved the inspiration mood board! Of course, I have to share what I'm drinking today and that would be Seattle's Best #4 from my French Press and guzzled from my Pfaltzgraff mug that I picked up last year from Big Lots for $4.00.  Love this cup.




 Be sure and check out 
Deb's project here, and Celeste's project, here.


Follow me on social media:


Sharing at these challenges:






Products Used:










Shop Your Fav Brands at Scrapbook.com




#wavingmywand #cratepaper #maggieholmes #bloom #gloriastengel #hamptonart #morethancoffee #coffee #coffeecard #card #cardmaking #DIY #terriburson #tombow #kaisercraft #glitter #ribbon #spellbinders #celebration #pierced #dies #teacup #coffeecup #mug #blackandwhite #stripes

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card as always, Terri. That Maggie Holmes collection is beautiful !! Thank you so much for joining us this month and starting 2017 by having coffee with us... Great coffee pic too !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card Terri and I love your mug!!! Thank you for guesting with us this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You brewed it! Hee hee Awesome project. Love how you split the stamp. Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Gloria.....and thanks be being so amazing yourself!

      Delete
  4. Thanks so much Carri! Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete

(Ignore the robot caption feature and just click submit for your comments. It's a blogger glitch) I appreciate each and every comment. Thank you so much!