Friday, October 7, 2016

Create Halloween Home Decor With Adornit Art Play

As a brand Ambassador for Adornit, I have the happy task of making lots of fun stuff.  It's a tough job, but somebody's got to do it!  I've got a fun project today that takes your coloring book images and turns it into a festive seasonal home decor project, using the Adornit Art Play Halloween coloring book.



I've colored my image using my Tombow dual brush markers but you can use colored pencils, paint, watercolors..... this watercolor paper accepts just about any coloring medium.

Rather than frame my image, I chose to go an inexpensive route and mount it on a piece of wood covered with a fun wood grain jumbo washi tape that I found on clearance.  I spent right around $5 using a coupon on the wood (Hobby Lobby).



I cut my washi tape to overlap my wood, then smoothed it out on the surface and pressed it into the ridges of the wood all the way around.  For the corners, I used a craft knife to slice, then fold one edge down, and fold the other edge over that.  If you feel you have too much excess tape to do this, simply trim some of the excess.  Finish by trimming all around your frame or simply tuck behind the backside of the wood.

Accent your project as you see fit.  I've added some fun Adornit ribbons to my edges for some texture and additional eye candy.




This super fun coloring book, designed by artist Lindsay Ostrom, is on sale right now at Adornit.com.  Get yours now because once they are gone, they are gone for good.  Adornit is making way for an all new line of Art Play Paintables and launching a new website soon.  

So much fun in one place..... happy shopping!

Linking to these challenges:

#adornit #artplay #paintables #halloween #tombow #tombowusa #woodgrain #washi #washitape #hobbylobby #pumpkins #lindsayostrom #wavingmywand #wood #homedecor #diy #terriburson #cre8time #craft #seasonal #autumn #coloring #coloringbook

5 comments:

  1. Those pumpkins are gorgeous! I love how you used the coloring page on a home decor project, what a fantastic idea! Those pumpkins are so cool with the different patterns and designs and mounting the page on the frame with ribbon is awesome! Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

    Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete

(Ignore the robot caption feature and just click submit for your comments. It's a blogger glitch) I appreciate each and every comment. Thank you so much!