Sunday, August 30, 2026

Pink Haunted House Card for Catherine Pooler Designs

Hello friends. I have another card to share from Catherine Pooler Designs, featuring products from the Halloween on Main collection. I'm also pulling out a CPD cover die from my stash and showing you how to find other ways to use products in a new way! Scroll down for details! My full supply list is at the end.



 (FTC Disclosure: as an affiliate for various companies in the craft industry, I will receive a small commission for purchases made through my convenient affiliate links, at no additional cost to you.) 





But first, let's name this card. I sometimes like to do this, do you? This card is called the Pink House on Haunted Hill. It features the new Made Me Blush ink that I am absolutely in love with. Such a gorgeous shade of pink!

Did you know there's an actual pink haunted house in Savannah, GA? The Olde Pink House currently serves as a restaurant. The history of this mansion dates back to 1771 and is widely considered one of the most haunted sites in America. But enough of that, let's get inky, using the Haunted Manor bundle!





I started by doing some ink smooshing on white cardstock with the CPD Succulent ink. I did two layers of color, heat setting between each inking with my craft heat tool. I love ink smooshing because it's such an easy technique. Have you tried it?

You simply press your ink pad onto a craft mat, spritz with water, then dab your cardstock randomly into the mix. Sorry I didn't get a photo of the creative process, I got caught up in creating and forgot!

After ink smooshing, I splattered a spritzed mix of the Made Me Blush ink with a wet paintbrush.





I love creating scenic cards. Don't ask me why, but my mind went back to May when the CPD Ocean Wonders collection was released. I felt like the bubble feature from the Under The Sea cover plate would be really cool paired with my haunted scene.

So, I grabbed my CPD Midnight cardstock to create the cover plate die cut, using my Platinum 6 die cut machine. Then, I simply hand trimmed the sea weed from the die cut with my scissors, so I'm left with nothing but the outline.





See? Easy peasy! Just what I wanted! I also carefully hand trimmed a hillside slope with the same cardstock, being careful not to cover any of the bubbles, as I wanted the ink smooshing to show underneath. It was a little tricky and I had to make additional snips here and there but..... mission accomplished!





Check out that moon! I love, love, love the moon! I used my stamp positioner to ink it up, stamping first with CPD Tiara ink halfway down, then stamping with Made Me Blush ink for the top half. 

By the way, I saved the black die cut remnant circles leftover from the cover plate die cut, and glued many of those circles to my scene. I also glued sequins onto some of the empty circles using the new Stars Hallow Sequin Mix.




For my cemetery, I inked up the tombstones in CPD Succulent, Mandarin Spice and Midnight inks, and layered my card panel with patterned paper from the CPD Moonlit Manor paper pack.

This is a side fold card and the full dimension are 4 3/4 " by just under 6", because I tend to create first and measure later, haha!

Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope this inspires you to find new ways to use other products in your stash. Check out my full, clickable shopping supply list below. If you use my affiliate links to shop, it's much appreciated. There is no additional cost for using these links! Have a great day!

Terri

***************************

Ranger Tim Holtz Detail NIB Water Brush
Ranger Tim Holtz Detail NIB Water Brush
Shop at:
Scrapbookcom
Catherine Pooler Ink Pad - Mandarin Spice
Catherine Pooler Ink Pad - Mandarin Spice
Shop at:
Catherine Pooler
Catherine Pooler Blending Brushes - 4 pk.
Catherine Pooler Blending Brushes - 4 pk.
Shop at:
Catherine Pooler
Catherine Pooler Ink Pad - Midnight
Catherine Pooler Ink Pad - Midnight
Shop at:
Scrapbookcom
Refillable Permanent Adhesive Runner - 49 feet
Refillable Permanent Adhesive Runner - 49 feet
Shop at:
Scrapbookcom
Artis Craft Glue - Only at Scrapbookcom
Artis Craft Glue - Only at Scrapbookcom
Shop at:
Scrapbookcom
Tonic Studios Tim Holtz Comfort Trimmer 8.5 Inch
Tonic Studios Tim Holtz Comfort Trimmer 8.5 Inch
Shop at:
Scrapbookcom
Project Grip Mat Large - White - 24x18 inch
Project Grip Mat Large - White - 24x18 inch
Shop at:
Scrapbookcom
3 mm Adhesive Strips - 160 strips
3 mm Adhesive Strips - 160 strips
Shop at:
Scrapbookcom
Pink Stamp Cleaning Shammy
Pink Stamp Cleaning Shammy
Shop at:
Scrapbookcom
Gina K Designs Multi-Purpose Scoring Board Tool
Gina K Designs Multi-Purpose Scoring Board Tool
Shop at:
Scrapbookcom
Catherine Pooler Succulent Ink Pad
Catherine Pooler Succulent Ink Pad
Shop at:
Catherine Pooler
Exclusive Gripmate
Exclusive Gripmate
Shop at:
Scrapbookcom
Mini Misti Stamp Positioner
Mini Misti Stamp Positioner
Shop at:
Scrapbookcom
Pink Platinum 6 Die Cut System
Pink Platinum 6 Die Cut System
Shop at:
Scrapbookcom
Dual Speed Heat Tool by Wow
Dual Speed Heat Tool by Wow
Shop at:
Catherine Pooler
Craft Pick Pro 4 in 1 Tool
Craft Pick Pro 4 in 1 Tool
Shop at:
Scrapbookcom
CPD Under The Sea Cover Plate Die
CPD Under The Sea Cover Plate Die
Shop at:
Catherine Pooler
CPD Midnight Cardstock
CPD Midnight Cardstock
Shop at:
Catherine Pooler
Catherine Pooler Favorite White Cardstock
Catherine Pooler Favorite White Cardstock
Shop at:
Catherine Pooler
Catherine Pooler Ink - Tiara
Catherine Pooler Ink - Tiara
Shop at:
Catherine Pooler
CPD Favorite White Cardstock - 100 lb - 25 pk
CPD Favorite White Cardstock - 100 lb - 25 pk
Shop at:
Catherine Pooler
Dress My Craft Non-Stick Bone Folder
Dress My Craft Non-Stick Bone Folder
Shop at:
Scrapbookcom
CPD
CPD "I want it all" Halloween on Main Collection
Shop at:
Catherine Pooler
CPD Haunted Manor Bundle
CPD Haunted Manor Bundle
Shop at:
Catherine Pooler
CPD Ink pad - Made Me Blush
CPD Ink pad - Made Me Blush
Shop at:
Catherine Pooler
Haunted Corner Stamp Set
Haunted Corner Stamp Set
Shop at:
Catherine Pooler
Haunted Corner Die Set
Haunted Corner Die Set
Shop at:
Catherine Pooler
Haunted Corner Stamp & Die Set
Haunted Corner Stamp & Die Set
Shop at:
Catherine Pooler
Moonlit Manor Patterned Paper
Moonlit Manor Patterned Paper
Shop at:
Catherine Pooler
Stars Hollow Sequin Mix
Stars Hollow Sequin Mix
Shop at:
Catherine Pooler
CPD Ink pad & Refill - Made Me blush
CPD Ink pad & Refill - Made Me blush
Shop at:
Catherine Pooler





























#wavingmywand #catherinepoolerdesigns #catherinepoolerinks #halloweenonmain #underthesea #coverplatedies #inksmooshing #cardmakingtechniques #cardmaking #diycards #halloweencards #hauntedhouse #theoldepinkhouse #tombstones #happyhalloween #hauntedmanor



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

(Ignore the robot caption feature and just click submit for your comments. It's a blogger glitch) I appreciate each and every comment. Thank you so much!