Monday, September 16, 2013

Apple barrel, a bushel and a peck card

Are you ready for Fall?   Living here in the South,  Fall can't come soon enough.   But we're having just a little sample of cooler weather which put me in the mood for an apple picking card.   My Mother used to sing this song when I was little and I sang it when my guy was a babe too.  

I started out running a piece of mauve paper through my Cuttlebug to emboss and adhered it to a 5x7 kraft card.   I really wanted to find a barrel template that I could print and/or enlarge to my desire,  but I ended up making my own.   I thought it turned out fairly good.   *grin

Next,  I cut 3 small pieces of yellow jute cord,  unraveled,  and cut vertically in several pieces to look like straw in the barrel.  The apples are stamps from the Unity Stamp Co.  I stamped the apples on cardstock, colored it and cut with an exacto knife.  The barrel is raised with pop dots and the apples and jute are glued to the backside.  

The centerpiece was punched with the mini 8 We R Memory Keepers Flourish punch and I added vintage musical washi tape from Queen & Co.  I've also added a little Teresa Collins Vintage finds paper to the mix, including the ''I love you'' bar at the top.  Topped it all off with the extra touch of red twine, burlap twine and musical notes.  Lets go picksome apples...or better yet, eat some!

3 comments:

(Ignore the robot caption feature and just click submit for your comments. It's a blogger glitch) I appreciate each and every comment. Thank you so much!