Saturday, November 16, 2013

Deer Christmas card

Got started on an order of Christmas cards and I had permission to do whatever I wanted from the buyer.  So I pulled out a stamp I recently received from the "Merry Deerest" stamp kit that I ordered from the Unity Stamp Co.  

I started with some kraft cards and added a 4x4 doily.  I had printed out some frames in different sizes and colors with my Cricut using the Straight From The Nest cartridge and went to work.  The smaller white frame was edged with, of all things.....a mistletoe stamp roller in green ink.  Kind of gave it a cool look I think.  The larger frame was 4 1/2" and was made with red/white cardstock.  

My local craft store had a bunch of stuff 1/2 off so I picked up these faux pine branches, a pack of 10 for $1.00!  I was super excited about that.  I cut pieces from each stem so it only took me 2 stems to make 6 cards.   GOT TO USE MY NEW UNITY BOW MAKER!!  I've been wanting one of these forever and it is the best thing!  If you don't have one, get one!  It's only $5.99 and they have a video tutorial to help you out.  I was making bows lickety-split.  (And no, I am not getting paid to advertise this people, just love the products!)

So I tied the bows to the pine stem to make sure they didn't  come off because I just didn't think a glue dot would do the trick.   To finish things off, I made little tags for the bottom using the other stamp that came with the Merry Deerest kit which is the Merry and Bright sentiment.  Each one of the tags is just a little bit different whether it be different brads or a little glitter glue, etc.  

So there you have it.  Took me, oh, maybe only about 5 hours to finish....'cause I took my sweet little 'ole time but it was fun and next time, I'll have a better handle on things so it goes quicker.  Thanks for looking and I'd love a comment.  Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas!

Items used: Metallic markers, white gel pen, red twine, Unity Bow Maker and stamps, Hobby Lobby pine stems, Sticklers glitter glue



No comments:

Post a Comment

(Ignore the robot caption feature and just click submit for your comments. It's a blogger glitch) I appreciate each and every comment. Thank you so much!