Thursday, August 7, 2014

Halloween card....Enter if you dare!

I recently had a visit with my cousin who is all about Halloween.  This girl goes all out.  I've seen it and yes, it is quite the spectacle.

With Fall just around the corner, I was totally in the mood to ink up some Unity stamps that I've had for awhile, and after getting all pumped up from my cousin on Halloween, that's the direction I went.  I actually won this set last year in a blog hop.  It's called Halloween Chatter.

I plan on entering this in a couple challenges this week:  Simon says stamp Wednesday challenge and Unity Friends with Flair.  Scroll down if you'd like to see how I made this.




First, I started out with a metallic silver embossed card, then cut several frames with nesting dies and my Cuttlebug.  Next, I inked up the smaller frame (which was cut on watercolor paper) using Spellbinders Celebra'tions Pretty Plum ink (this ink is luscious & juicy!), an orange distress marker and the Unity sentiment.  Once stamped, I touched up with water and a paintbrush to add some fading around the lettering.  Need some spooky, right?
I splattered some October Afternoon Jack O'lantern Sprinklers around the sentiment for more creepy fun.  I usually unscrew the spray nozzle and tap lightly for better control. 
The orange fuzzy ribbon was cut in strips and secured with rolled up mini glue dots.  I added some sparkly orange Queen & Company bubbles, fussy cut the spider and black cat, and adhered with pop dots.  Happy Halloween!

13 comments:

  1. What a fun sentiment. It's perfect for Halloween! Lovely details and design, Terri! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colors for your scary card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! Like the way it went from pastel to spooky colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very fun card! I love the orange fiber coming out like a spider web!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a cool Halloween card! Love the black cat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun. Can't believe Halloween is coming up already. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute card. Nice to see some gals started Halloween projects. This is a cool one b

    ReplyDelete

(Ignore the robot caption feature and just click submit for your comments. It's a blogger glitch) I appreciate each and every comment. Thank you so much!