Thursday, March 10, 2016

New Release at So Suzy Stamps SAM Club

It's time for the So Suzy Stamps March Release for the Stamp of the Month Club!
I'm a sentiment girl.  I just love sentiments.  So, for my project this month, I thought I would watercolor an ocean scene and provide that as the backdrop for my sentiment.

I also have a thing for skies.  I loooove to paint skies so I broke out my Twinkling H20 shimmering paint and went to work.  I say work, but it's more like play!




I simply spritzed some water into my paint pots, then used a paintbrush to fill in random color.  To vary the intensity, I add some of my paint to my craft mat or acrylic block and spritz more water to dilute for various shades.  I almost always use reds, oranges, purples and blues for my sky and also a little yellow. 

Notice the white sailboat?  I hand drew and painted that with DecoArt Americana Satin Cotton Ball paint.  I figured I needed a boat to go along with my sentiment, right?  And birds..... got to have birds.  My entire scene is free-handed with the exception of the sentiment.  The birds were drawn with my black Tombow dual brush marker.


 
(**Giveaway!!  There's a contest that starts today.  The person who enters the most cards into the SAM Club FB group, and you must be a member, will win a set of exclusive stamps that will NOT be released!  Wow, that is soooo cool.  Someone will own stamps that no one else has!  Contest runs 3/10-3/31/16.)

I wanted to soften my sky a bit, so once it was completely dry, I used a sponge dabber and inked with my Powder Puff white chalk ink.


Isn't this sentiment just fabulous?  Plus, Irish blood runs through my veins so that makes it extra special for me.  This sentiment is compacted into a paragraph format so obviously, I took liberty on my project and spread out my sentiment to cover the span of my scene.  This is easily accomplished by masking the part of the stamp you don't want to use by adding tape to cover up the unwanted part.  That's where my washi tape comes in handy, although scotch or masking tape will work as well.


 


I hope you enjoyed my project and handy tips.  Check out Suzy's website and maybe do some shopping while you're at it.   Then take a look at the SAM club.  Exclusive membership gets you special stamps each month, plus membership into a private Facebook group, fun giveaways and more! 

The next quarter starts in April and it's already open for sign-ups.  I've already had a sneak peek at future releases and they are soooo fun!  You won't be disappointed!  If you love coastal, beachy, nautical fun..... sign up!  Membership can sell out quick so don't wait.





Additional supplies:
Neenah Heavyweight cardstock
Bristol Strathmore 300 series watercolor paper
Ranger Black Archival Ink

Also linking to:




#sosuzystamps #sosuzysamclub #sam #samclub #stampamonth #cardmaking #scrapbooking #diy #cre8time #poolside #beach #flipflops #beachy #ocean #waves #tropical #irish #proverb #ships #paint #watercolor #birds #seabirds #seagulls #decoart #cottonball



5 comments:

  1. Wow wow wow!! This is just GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing! I absolutely love the background and seeing how you created it. Thanks for entering it in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Cathie <3

    ReplyDelete

(Ignore the robot caption feature and just click submit for your comments. It's a blogger glitch) I appreciate each and every comment. Thank you so much!