I'm so excited to you bring you this pretty card today, featuring some of my new, favorite stamps, here at So Suzy Stamps. Have you ever tried the bleach technique? It's a lot of fun, but you must handle with care and have plenty of room to work with. Today's featured stamps are the Rose Bloom Trio, Love and Happiness and Spire Sage.
I have some instructions so you can re-create this card. Shall we begin? First, you will want to use your Misti stamping tool for this project. Trust me on this. I'll be doing some masking as well and having the ability to use a stamp positioner is key.
Here's what you need:
-small amount of bleach (approx. 1 tbsp.) in a small bowl or measuring cup
- cotton balls
-4" x 6" black cardstock (Neenah) *bleach works best on black cardstock
-additional designer card panel (Graphic 45)
-A2 Kraft card
-Misti Stamping Tool
1. Stamp the Rose Bloom trio onto white cardstock and fussy cut as your masking piece.
*Very important - make sure that you have cleaned the inside stamping lid of your Misti. You do not want your bleached stamp to drop and ruin your project. I speak from experience!!
2. Position your Rose Bloom Trio stamp across the lower left and center of your black cardstock. I stamped at a slight angle. Grab the stamp with your Misti. Take a cotton ball and soak up some bleach, squeezing some out if overly saturated. Rub the bleach lightly across your Rose Bloom Trio stamp, taking care not to saturate your stamp, yet make sure that it is covered completely. You may wish to cut several pieces of black cardstock to test with, until you find the right amount.
3. When you stamp your bleached stamp with your Misti, do it quickly and do not overly press your image, or you will over saturate your paper with bleach. This may take a few tries, but you will get the hang of it.
4. Wipe off your stamps immediately with a paper towel and be sure to rinse/wash your stamps thoroughly when finished.
5. Position your Spire Sage stamp with your Misti, swipe with bleach/wet cotton ball and stamp randomly across the top of your masked Rose Bloom Trio.
6. Do the same process above for your sentiment.
7. Dip a small paintbrush into your bleach and tap some splatters across the top of your black cardstock.
8. Layer your A2 Kraft card with a coordinating piece of designer paper. I'm using Graphic 45's A Proper Gentleman. Trim your bleached cardstock to size and adhere. Embellish as desired.
I hope you'll give this fun technique a try. Be sure and join us over at the So Suzy Stamps Flaunt It Group on Facebook and share your So Suzy creations with us!
Also sharing at these challenges:
Word Art Wednesday Anything Goes Challenge #272-273
Purchase Rose Bloom Trio, here.
Purchase Spire Sage, here.
Purchase Love and Happiness, here.
#sosuzystamps #stamps #card #cardmaking #loveandhappiness #love #spring #garden #spiresage #rose #rosebloom #rosebloomtrio #bleach #technique #butterfly #wavingmywand #terriburson #graphic45 #apropergentleman #masculine #Misti