Friday, July 18, 2014

Quest for CHA, Part 10.

(To follow the entire saga, view my blog archives...this is my Quest to get into the Craft and Hobby association trade show in Atlanta!)

By the time I arrive at the Craft and Hobby Association's Inaugural Papercrafting Trade show (gosh, I really like how that rolls off my tongue), it will have been almost a month since my quest began.

You may not know this, but I was working angles, planning strategies and trying to  pull strings before this quest went public.  I'm still amazed how quickly everything fell into place. 

I've got about four different things I'm juggling at the moment, not including family.  Actually, I probably need to revise that number because I know it's more than four, but I dare not take the time to calculate the true number, hence becoming overwhelmed at the sheer number of tasks placed before me, which would then lead to me crawling into a dark corner somewhere, curling up into the fetal position and begin sucking my thumb!  Seriously?  It's not that bad.  Plus, I'm a really good juggler; just don't throw extra plates or balls at me.

Today I'm continuing to connect with CHA vendors.  I've looked at follow-up responses to my tweets and now I'm trying to familiarize myself with products.  Many of the vendors I know well (their products).  I know what kind of products they market, signature styles and lines,  who's vintage and who's not.  There are however, quite a few companies I'm NOT familiar with.  I'm enjoying spending time going to their websites and being introduced to new products.  I'm also discovering that there's a lot of emphasis on Christmas in July!  Wow, I never realized how much.  Hey, that's not a bad thing either.  I saw somewhere recently that Christmas is something like 23 weeks away?  Say it ain't so!  According to my CHA schedule, the holidays are a big emphasis at this event.  It's all about new products coming out and marketing strategies for Christmas...well not ALL, but I gather from my research that there will be a whole host of holiday unvealings.  Yours truly gets to be right smack in the middle of all that.  Yeah!  Don't think this is all being handed to me on a silver platter though.  I put some hard work into it, let me tell you.   It's not going to be a big party for me.  I'll be working my tush off, making sure I keep up my end of the bargain.  At the same time it WILL be fun!  Every day I do a little happy dance.  Kind of like Steve Carrell in Evan Almighty.  You need to see that movie, if only for the happy dance.  And the outtakes.  Oh my, the outtakes are hilarious!!  The hammer and the thumb??  You remember, right?! 

The Quest might take a break for the weekend and come back full throttle Monday with a weekend update.  I'm thinking...do we need to change the story from quest to countdown?  Tell me what you think?  Have a great weekend and dream a little dream.  Then go make it happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

(Ignore the robot caption feature and just click submit for your comments. It's a blogger glitch) I appreciate each and every comment. Thank you so much!