Friday, July 25, 2014

Mountain Plains Crafters Christmas in July Blog Hop

Welcome to our Christmas in July blog hop with Mountain Plains Crafters!  So, excited that you could join us.  This is a 2 day hop so there's time to share with your friends.

If you arrived from Pam's blog, you are in the right place.  Please take a moment to thank our sponsor and go like the Clearsnap Facebook page.  Tell them Mountain Plains Crafters sent you!  Also, thanks to Hydrangea Hippo for sending us the products to test and giveaway!  @Clearsnap #Clearsnap

We are giving away an awesome prize bundle from Clearsnap:  Smooch in Spruce, Smooch Spritz in Cashmere and Colorbox archival ink in Saddle.


Leave a comment below and then hop on over to Sheryl's Creative Corner for the next stop. If you get lost, here's the other links:


P.S.  Bookmark my blog 'cause starting Monday 7/28/14, I'm having a Blogiversary Giveaway.  Don't miss it!

For my project, I masked my card with a center squared piece of cardstock and sprayed Smooch Spritz all around.  This stuff shimmers and shines! 

Next, I inked up this sweet bird (and sentiment) from the Unity Stamp Co. October 2013 Kit of the month, with the Colorbox Saddle ink.  I am in love with this ink!  It stamps so clean and crisp and is so full of color.  I think this will be my new go-to ink for vintage projects and Woodgrain or nature stamps.  Lastly, I heat embossed a mistletoe stamped image with white Ranger embossing powder, then painted on the Spruce Smooch and fussy cut after it was dry.  I also painted over a few white Basic Grey enamel dots with the Spruce.


The brown bubbles on the card and mistletoe are from Queen & Co.  Adorable, right?
*Note: the enamel dots were still a little wet the next morning, so I'd allow at least 24 hours to dry.

Supplies: Queen & Co brown bubbles, Basic Grey candy buttons, Unity Stamp Co. October 2013 Kit of the Month, Clearnap Smooch in Spruce, Clearsnap Smooch Spritz in Cashmere, Clearsnap Colorbox Archival Ink in Saddle, Ranger white embossing powder, Versamark clear ink, heat tool, embossing buddy

27 comments:

  1. love the enamel dots and, surprisingly, this color combo! very pretty card

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terri, this is so pretty. I love the way you masked the center when you sprayed. Doesn't the shimmer look just amazing? I love all the little touches of bling. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty image with these colors/products. I love your little extras! Awesomely done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! No need to thank me :) Clearsnap is one of my clients :) if you are gonna be in atlanta, contact me on facebook at @hydrangeahippo - I will be at the show for a short time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will do Jennifer. Look for me at one of the CHA tables if I'm not floating around. I'll be in workshops almost all day Tuesday.

      Delete
  5. Adorable card! But, um, Monday is July 28th? Is that when the blogiversary starts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shari! Fixed. My life is on fast forward these days. Appreciate the heads up!

      Delete
    2. Yes, Blogiversary Mon. The 28th.

      Delete
  6. The shimmer background and Peace on Earth are so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that sweet bird and the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooo, love it Terri! I really need to get more enamel dots...

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE that little bird, Terri ... I have a friend whose mom absolutely LOVES birds.... Might have to steal that card from you or at least that idea !!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the rust colors on the card.
    The bird is so pretty and the embellishments are great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful bird. Like how you accented with light spritz/spray.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that bird, such a wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Chickadees are my fave birds. So simple but stands out!

    ReplyDelete
  14. good card - I like the enamel dots

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a pretty card - love all the enamel dots!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your birdie card. The enamel dots are the perfect little accent and don't overpower the bird. Nicely put together.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very pretty--love this sweet bird.
    slrdowney at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the CAS style of your card, Terri. Quite pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card!
    Lovely bird used
    on it.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sweet card! Love that darling little bird stamp!

    ReplyDelete

(Ignore the robot caption feature and just click submit for your comments. It's a blogger glitch) I appreciate each and every comment. Thank you so much!