Saturday, December 27, 2014

We R Memory Keepers Scoreboard/Trimmer Product Review


  Today, I'm sharing my thoughts on the We R Memory Keepers Scoreboard/Trimmer.  I received this product at no cost from WRMK and in exchange, I'm going to give you some honest feedback after having given this a test run.


First, this is not a heavy duty trimmer.  It's designed to be portable and fold up for crafting on the go and general use in your daily crafting.  It opens up to a full 12"x12" and has two locking mechanisms on the back to provide stability.  

Use this on a level, flat surface for accuracy in your trimming and scoring.







I decided to test out 3 different types of paper, to check the trimmed edges; vellum, medium weight cardstock and heavy cardstock.


The edges of each were perfectly cut and consistent, which I would attribute to the titanium blades.   
I couldn't find any flaws in the trimmed edges.   I took the vellum piece and trimmed it into a 4"x4" section which lined up perfectly square.  WRMK provides an extra blade in your kit which, when ready to replace, simply pop the old one out and snap the new blade into place. 

Now for the scoring....there's a notch at the bottom of the scoreboard where the scoring tool is stored.  Insert it point forward, for storage, so you can easily grab the handle for removal.   I held the unit upside down to see if the handle would fall out and it didn't, however when I shook it, it did fall out.  I would suggest that you make a point to carry this device upright, to make sure you don't lose your score tool.


If you're a card maker, you really need a scoreboard.  Scoring makes all the difference in the world for having perfect edges.  Folding just doesn't get it, not if you want a professional touch on your cards.  Particularly, if you sell your paper crafts or are thinking about selling. 
When using the score board, take your time to score.  I rushed through the first attempt and my tool wobbled a bit and got off center.  Use even pressure, take your time and you will have a nice, perfect score every time.

Isn't that a beautiful score?

I even made a little gift box, just by experimenting with scoring and measuring. 


After fully testing this tool, I can say that I'm extremely pleased.  It's exactly what I was looking for: 

a handy, portable, multi-functional tool that I can 
carry to crops and use in my craft room.

If you would like further information on this tool, visit this link: http://www.weronthenet.com/Trim_And_Score and view the
1 minute video tutorial with additional instruction on scoring.





#cre8time #wrmk #wermemorykeepers #score #gift


Disclosure:  If you decide to make a purchase through my affiliate links, Amazon will pay me a commission for it. This doesn’t cost you anything additional. These commissions help to keep the rest of my content free, so thank you!



1 comment:

  1. I need a new trimmer.....so glad you gave a thorough review. Putting this on my want list.

    ReplyDelete

(Ignore the robot caption feature and just click submit for your comments. It's a blogger glitch) I appreciate each and every comment. Thank you so much!