Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Mod Podge and Waffle Flower Pin

My sister always tries to outdo me at Christmas.  So this year, I've come up with a handmade, thoughtful gift, and by golly.....she better like it!

She works for an eye glass company so I thought it would be nice to make her a pin that she could wear to work every day, along with her company uniform.

This is what I came up with:


I wanted it to be in an "eye chart" format with a little play on words.  The lettering is from the Waffle Flower "Be My Guest" font stamp set.  I stamped it onto a piece of DCWV Vintage Essentials tissue paper with black Ranger ink, then Mod Podged it onto a piece of Mod Podge Shapeables.  Those are Basic Grey Candy Buttons glued on with Tombow Mono Aqua Glue.  
Got to make sure they stay put!


For the backing, I used Mod Podge on a piece of white cardstock; the tissue paper is so thin, you could see through, so it needed a white background.  This pin base comes all ready sticky, but I'm not taking any chances on it coming off, so I added an extra strip of Tombow Xtreme adhesive to secure it.  It's heavy duty stuff!

I think my sister will get a kick out of this cute pin.  What do you think?


I'm entering this into the December Waffle Flower Challenge, Anything Goes.  Join in yourself and play along here:  http://waffleflower.com/2014/12/another-thank-you-winners-a-new-anything-goes-challenge/


Disclosure:  If you decide to make a purchase through my affiliate links, Amazon will pay me a commission for it. This doesn’t cost you anything additional. These commissions help to keep the rest of my content free, so thank you!


#waffleflower #cre8time #ranger #dcwv #tombow #modpodge #diy

3 comments:

  1. Hey Terri!! I love your pin. Your sister will love this. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love it. Terri did out do me this year. I gave her a store bought owl pin. Very thoughtful, since she loves owls. But not nearly as handmade. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this! Thanks for sharing.
    Terri I have a special post I'd like you to see if you have time.
    http://designsbydragonfly.blogspot.com/2014/12/get-well-card-mittens-and-cocoa-2nd-post.html
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete

(Ignore the robot caption feature and just click submit for your comments. It's a blogger glitch) I appreciate each and every comment. Thank you so much!