Sunday, December 28, 2014

Cricut Thank You Card

I confess.  I've been a Cricut user for, oh, about 5 years or longer?  And, I'm just now getting linked up to my computer.  Well, there was that thing about no internet for 3 years and trying to find a provider that reaches where we are and bundling our service, etc., etc.

I've been experimenting for the last week or so and getting familiar with Cricut Craft Room and Design Space.  Perfect timing, as I need a Thank You card pronto, and Cricut had just what I needed.


I cut the "thanks" wording from the Bonus Feature of my Cricut Sampler cartridge that I had linked.  I wanted it to look proportional for a 6" x "6 card, so I went with approximately 5.50" x 4.25".  I used only the wording and will save the circled frame for another project.  The wording was cut on black and tan striped paper.  Patterned paper can really give that extra little "pop", don't you think?

Next, I cut the scalloped heart shape on Vellum cardstock, using the Basic Shapes that were already installed and downloaded from my Expression.







 I always use my Xyron 2.5" sticker maker for intricate wording as it's so much easier 
to apply to my cards. 


You can see in the first photo, that I edged my vellum heart with some ink and a blending tool.  
Top it off with a sweet ribbon, and all done!

So, now that I'm hooked up....FINALLY...expect to see more Cricut projects in the near future.

Additional supplies:  May Arts Ribbon silk/brown, Colorbox Queue ink, Ranger mini blending tool





#Cre8time #mayartsribbon #clearsnap #colorbox #xyron #cricut #provocraft


Disclosure:  If you decide to make a purchase through my affiliate links, Amazon will pay me a commission for it. This doesn’t cost you anything additional. These commissions help to keep the rest of my content free.   Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

(Ignore the robot caption feature and just click submit for your comments. It's a blogger glitch) I appreciate each and every comment. Thank you so much!