Saturday, December 20, 2014

It's been a big, big, big, big day

Today, my one and only turned 13.  As I'm picking out a cake from the store, 90 minutes before party time (because I neglected to be on top of things) I also remembered that I failed to make a card.
Me.  A cardmaker.  One who makes cards, failed to commemorate this big day with a special card for a very special guy.

To put the literal icing on the cake?  I ran out of adhesive a couple days ago.  Not only did I run out of my favorite adhesive but I also ran out of the backup adhesive, and the backup to the backup while working on my last project.

I rush home and with 10 minutes to spare before party departure, I made this card.


A little washi tape to hold the base down, some pop dots and glue dots.....whew!  The stress was totally worth it when my son opened his card, asked me if I made it, then rewarded me with a great big smile when I said yes. 

Thank you, to everyone, who had a hand in making this day so special for my son.




Supplies: Unity Stamp Co Birthday Jubilee sentiment, Pretty Little Studio ice cream cone die cut, Pinkfresh Studio cloth pocket and wood arrows, Tim Holtz brushed corduroy distress ink, DCWV Vintage Essentials tissue paper (embossed), Darice musical note embossing folder, Queen & Co polka dot washi tape, Glue Dots mini dots, Pop dots

Disclosure:  If you decide to make a purchase through my affiliate links, Amazon will pay me a commission for it. This doesn’t cost you anything additional. These commissions help to keep the rest of my content free.  Thanks.

#cre8time #gluedots #dcwv #unitystamp

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Jonah. This card is fantastic. I am sure he will treasure it.

    ReplyDelete

(Ignore the robot caption feature and just click submit for your comments. It's a blogger glitch) I appreciate each and every comment. Thank you so much!