Wednesday, September 16, 2026

Frosty and Friends from Catherine Pooler Designs

Hey friends, the new Frosty & Festive collection is live from Catherine Pooler Designs! I've got several photos to share, including the Holiday Sparkle cover plate die cuts that feature 3 different layers for color and dimension. Scroll down for details. If you'd like more product information or to shop, just tap any of the highlighted affiliate links throughout this post.



 (FTC Disclosure: as an affiliate for various companies in the craft industry, I will receive a small commission for purchases made through my convenient affiliate links, at no additional cost to you.) 





Want the entire release? Tap here!





To begin, I die cut 3 different cuts with the cover plate die. Two with white cardstock, and one with Martini cardstock from the Party Mix Colored Cardstock pack.



For my first die cut, I applied my low tack mint tape at an angle and swiped Garden Party ink on one half and Cummerbund ink on the other. Then I spritzed with water, blotted with a paper towel and dried with my heat craft tool. It gave a slightly lighter appearance by doing this.

The other inks used for this project include Midnight, Martini and Orange Squeeze. Tap here to peruse all the CPD inks, they're so luscious and are my favorites!





Next, I adhered my white cover plate die to the multi-colored inky die cut, then layered those on top of my Martini cardstock die cut.




I also pulled out the Nested Arch dies from my stash to create a folded arched focal point for my cover plate panel.

This was achieved by using a bone folder to fold white cardstock and run the bone folder across the fold. I then placed my arch die slightly over the left edge and ran it through my die cut machine. It was a bit thick so you might have to adjust your plates for your die cut system to accommodate the thickness. I was able to stagger my plates though and get it to go through.
 




I also cut more of the Martini cardstock with the arch die to offset behind my arch focal point.

Below is a close-up of the front of my arch die cut. My stamped and die cut snowman and sentiment is from the Frosty Friends Stamp & Die Set. All my stamped images were watercolored with my CPD ink.

I also added some enamel dots from the new Party Green-Blues and glued some white sequins that I harvested from my jar of Stars Hollow sequin mix.




The stamped snowflakes above are from the Jolly Jingle stamp & die set, which also includes the sentiment inside my arched panel below.





My second snowman featured on the inside of my arch was partially stamped at an angle on the bottom right and watercolored.

I added a second sentiment that was stamped using the mask technique and die cut a second piece with the Martini cardstock as an offset backing.




I hope you like this card, what's your favorite part? I'm kind of partial to all those layers for the cover plate. It was such fun creating this card. I hope you have a fantastic week and find something fun in this collection to inspire your holiday cardmaking. Have a great week!

Tap here to see everything in the Frosty & Festive collection.

Terri

















#wavingmywand #catherinepoolerdesigns #catherinepoolerinks #frostyandfestive #snowman #frostythesnowman #cardmaking #handmadecards #diycards #christmascards #holidaycards #wintercards #snowflakes







 

No comments:

Post a Comment

(Ignore the robot caption feature and just click submit for your comments. It's a blogger glitch) I appreciate each and every comment. Thank you so much!