Monday, September 21, 2026

National Chai Day Tea and Card

Happy National Chai Day! If you know me or follow me on social media, you know I'm an avid tea lover. I love nothing more than pairing my love of tea and cardmaking for special occasions. Of course, National Chai Day absolutely qualifies as a special occasion! I've tried so many teas over the years and have a number of types that I love, but Chai continues to be my absolute favorite.


 (FTC Disclosure: as an affiliate for various companies in the craft industry, I will receive a small commission for purchases made through my convenient affiliate links, at no additional cost to you.) 




I did a little research and National Chai Day is observed every year on September 21st. However, it's a really new "holiday", having only been established since 2018.

My absolute favorite Chai is from Vahdam and that's what's in my cup today. I've tried a number of brands over the years, but this continues to still be tops in my book. I generally drink loose leaf tea so I can control the strength of the tea. Vahdam tea bags are also available, if that's your preference.





Now, let's get to the card details! First, I have the Pajama Crafter Stamps "You're My Cup of Tea" Flashcards in my stash and wanted to use them again. These are A2 size card panels that can also be used with toner reactive foil. It's a 24 pk set with 8 designs (3 of each).

However, I decided to actually hand trim the tea cups and best-tea sentiment and make a dimensional card, keeping the floating hearts section intact.





I'm using OLO Markers for my coloring with 3 different colors:

YG8.5, OR7.4 and OR1.6. 

If you like your Chai with milk or cream, OR7.4 is perfect! For the word "Chai", I used the Brooklyn lower solid alphabet/number stamp set from Scrapbookcom paired with Catherine Pooler ink "Icing On The Cake" with my stamp positioner. No die set involved, I simply hand trimmed the entire word. Although placing some of the lettering crooked was intentional. 





Do you have a Chai bestie? I absolutely do! In fact, we have sent each other things over the years, as she lives in another state. We first met many, many years ago at a Scrapbook Expo and have been friends ever since! In fact, she is the one who got me hooked on adding mint to my chai. She first sent me some her home grown mint July 2025, after I had a mastectomy and now, I love it so much, I'm growing my own! (pictured above)

So thank you Deena! She has her own side gig at mama-grizzly.com growing and selling plants and microgreens as a pop-up vendor. You can find her on Instagram @mamagrizzlyplants.



 
Lastly, I would be remiss if I didn't mention my mug and custom teaspoon. I'm a big fan of the custom spoons at Wander Tulips, an online Christian gift shop, and even sent one to my friend Deena awhile back. The couple who own this gift shop are the sweetest people and truly on mission for God. I hope you'll check them out.

Thanks so much for my National Chai Day ramble. I hope you find time for some chai today. Have an awesome week!

Terri


















#nationalchaiday #chaitea #vahdam #india #tealover #tealovers #teamug #customspoon #pajamacrafterstamps #olomarker #scrapbookcom #teacard #teacups #diycards

No comments:

Post a Comment

(Ignore the robot caption feature and just click submit for your comments. It's a blogger glitch) I appreciate each and every comment. Thank you so much!