Saturday, October 19, 2013

Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer card

If you know me,  then you know I'm a Rudolph lover.   I decorate my Christmas tree every year in Rudolph ornaments and plush toys (pictured below).   So when I saw this 4-piece stamp set online last year,  I HAD to have it.   And,  believe it or not,  it was promoted as a kids stamps.   Forget the kids,  this bad boy is mine!   Ha!

The Unity Stamp Co is having a new ''Be Inspired '' color challenge and I thought I'd give it a whirl.  I spent a whopping 4 hours on this last night,  much of which was trying to figure out what I wanted to do,  taking it apart rearranging.... you get the idea.   So let's break it down.   I used a ton of products on this,  starting with a lovely piece of soft green designer paper.   I ran the top part through my tiny dots embossing folder and Cuttlebug.   I wanted to have the appearance of snow so I topped each of those dots with a white gel pen,  let it dry and then smudged in more white ink.   Remember when Rudolph ran away and was caught in a storm?   I had that wintery scene in mind on this project.

I couldn't wait to start on Rudolph so he was next.   First,  on the back of the cardstock,  I drew the circumference of the stamp so I could work within that circle.   I had plenty of room as this is a large stamp.   I hand cut the circle and stamped my image in brown ink.   I used 3 different shades of brown but started with an outline using a Permapaque brown metallic pen.   The other shades were sponged in and I used a the white gel pen again to highlight the white fur.   More Permapaque pens were used for the black and red on Rudolph.   I also sponged a soft green and red ink along the lower circle to give some dimension and drew some black lines and highlighted with Stickles.
I cut a larger dark red circle from heavy cardstock and used some snowflake rub-ons and edged/smudged white ink all around.   Snow storm,  right?   {*grin}
I fussy cut the Christmas trees from a piece of designer cardstock and embellished with more Stickles.

A neighbor,  God bless her,  gave my Mom a huge trash bag full of ribbon and lace.   Can you believe it?!   Found this great eyelet cream colored lace that I fanned and layered behind the centerpiece.   I also added some red/white striped craft ribbon.

Now for the tag:  It is ALL Unity!   As luck would have it,  Unity sent some cool freebies in my order this week,  including a Manila tag tucked inside a sweet little scalloped kraft mini envelope.   So what do I do?   I tear up the envelope!   I had to though,  it was perfect!   I hand-ripped it for that torn look but kept the scalloped edge.   I didn't have a ''Merry Christmas'' Unity stamp,  but I do have another awesome Unity stamp with the wording.   I simply masked out the part I didn't want to ink with a little washi tape I had on hand.   Then added more Stickles.   And I glued this adorable Holly felt piece that Unity sent with my other freebies,  and added a Sparkly red Brad.   Whew!   Enjoyed my evening crafting with my Mom until 11:00 pm.   I love how Rudolph turned out.   He's no misfit on this card!

SUPPLIES:  Unity Stamp co stamp ''Rejoice for our silent Night'' Wit & Wisdom collection,  Studio G Rudolph kids stamp,  American Crafts Christmas Book One Snowflake rub-ons,  Permapaque metallic pens 1.0 mm fine point,  Colorbox inks,  Inkadinkadoo brown ink,  Unity Stamp Co embellishments,  Stickles Crystal glitter glue,  K&Company designer paper,  Walmart craft ribbon
My Pinterest - click here

No comments:

Post a Comment

(Ignore the robot caption feature and just click submit for your comments. It's a blogger glitch) I appreciate each and every comment. Thank you so much!