Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Christmas card - Silent Night

I'm so ready to start making Christmas cards.   We're finally getting a little cooler weather here in the South which is just the motivation I need to get started.   This is a super versatile Christmas stamp from the Unity Stamp Company's Wit and Wisdom line.   This is the first card I've made with this stamp and I went with a star theme.
I used white cardstock and edged about 1/2'' all around the card with Studio G black ink then added a piece of blue designer paper that had glittery white stars.   Next,  I used a small star shaped paper punch on some blue,  gray and white glitter cardstock.   I strung the stars with Tim Holtz glitter garland and stapled the garland to my page with black/white striped Fastenater staples.


For the next step I took a 6x6 paper doily and cut it in half,  folded it in layers and glued both pieces so they fan out.   Then I stamped my image on a piece of black scrapbook paper, tore it for a vintage look and placed it over the doilies with a couple foam dots to give it the raised effect.   Topped it off with a couple blue gemstones.   And now I'm ready to make some more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

(Ignore the robot caption feature and just click submit for your comments. It's a blogger glitch) I appreciate each and every comment. Thank you so much!