Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Be Happy, Be Inspired

 It's been awhile since I've linked up with the Unity Stamp Company's Be Inspired Challenge.  This is a monthly event and I decided I'm long overdue.  So, I went with the color challenge.  You can also choose the card or layout sketch challenge for inspiration. 

For my project, I decided on a mixed media piece that features the September 2013 Kit of the Month, Happiness Has No Limit.  I did some watercoloring and added some glittered straw fibers, along with some Bo Bunny Pearlescent and Plaid Mod Podge Dimensional Glue for added texture.




 Look closely at the bottom and you can see that I've added layers of scrap paper that closely match the color scheme.  I've also "scrunched" up the paper to give what I like to call "scruffiness"!

This started out as a 6"x6" white card, but I really wanted to give it a unique shape, so I simply hand trimmed the bottom of the card with my scissors, along with the stacked papers so all the layers matched.


I used my Tombow Dual Brush Markers for all the coloring, directly inking my stamp with multiple colors, then adding additional color by spritzing water onto an acrylic block that had been swiped a few times with my markers.

Join in the fun and link up, if you have Unity Stamps.  The contest ends May 13th, 2015.

 

Challenge Link:



5 comments:

  1. Very Pretty! I gotta figure this water color stuff out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my favorite piece of work of yours to date. It is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing!! Love that edging and those fabulous colors. A sure thing for the Be Inspired challenge!! Love your work, Terri! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely card, terri! the curved edge is really cool, especially with the added 'scruff'! So glad you joined the Unity Be Inspired Challenge!
    -Rachel
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete

(Ignore the robot caption feature and just click submit for your comments. It's a blogger glitch) I appreciate each and every comment. Thank you so much!