Monday, April 6, 2015

Stranded Crafter Makes Card!

So, what do you do when you're dog-sitting for a week and don't have a craft room on wheels?  Well, first thing you do is make a quick trip home, if you don't live too far away (10 minutes) and grab some stuff.   Oddly enough, I'm at my mother's house.  I turned her to the dark side a couple years ago.  Yes, I dragged her kicking and screaming into my crafty world....guilty as charged.  Normally, I'd be able to work with some of her supplies.   Unfortunately, all her stuff is still boxed up from the last crop she went to. Ack!

I ran home and grabbed adhesive, stamps, ink, twine and and a bag that was still brimming from the last crop I went to.   My intent was to make a birthday card and use a stamp I recently received from Craftin' Desert Diva's.   I'll be using the Celebration WordArt today, found here:


I also plan to enter this card into a couple challenges listed below.  But first, the details.....




I used DCWV cardstock from the Blossoms and Butterflies stack including the flower die cuts which were cut from the stack, as well.   The balloons?  I hand-cut them from the same DCWV cardstock and embellished with my Laura Kelly Designs buttons from Buttons Galore and May Arts Ribbon pink natural burlap string.


I used my Tombow Dual Brush pens from the Bright Collection and directly inked onto the stamp.  Once stamped, I then re-traced with my pens for additional coloring.


Oh my golly goodness, I have discovered Gold Stickles glitter glue!  I am in love!  If you could see this card in person, the cupcake liner looks just like those gold liners you buy in the store.  I colored with my yellow Tombow pen, then added the Stickles.


Here is the crafter-math, on my mother's dining room table.  It's not too bad, is it? 

I'm entering  these challenges:




Additional supplies:  Thermoweb Medium Zots, Marvy ultra fine point Le Pen black, Tombow Mono Super Bond adhesive runner, Ki foam squares, American Crafts Taffy ink, Ranger blending tool


8 comments:

  1. Such a bright and FUN card! The touch of glitter looks fabulous! So glad you were able to work in some crafting time while dog-sitting.

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at Craftin Desert Divas!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous card Terri, a lovely design and great colourful papers - your sentiment panel is super and gorgeous elements!!

    Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge,
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute. I love the gold cupcake liner! Thank you so much for playing along with us this week over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terri, you crack me up! I dragged my mom over to the dark side a few years ago as well. Considering you were crafting on the go you did a fabulous job on this. Love it, so happy and colorful. I just wanted to pop over and tell you so on your blog and to wish you a happy weekend! Hugs..Donna K

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fabulous! This stamp set is on my wish list - I LOVE this so much!! Thanks so much for playing with us this week at Craftin Desert Divas Anything Goes Linky Party. Hope to see you again soon :)

    michelle (Craftin Desert Divas DT)
    Purple Monkey Moments

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love if my mom crafted with me, but then again she wouldn't be able to with the mess in my room! lol

    Great card, and the gold stickles are perfect on this card!

    Thanks for linking it up to our "Anything Goes" challenge at Craftin Desert Divas. Have a great day, and HAPPY CRAFTING!

    Lisa
    CDD DT Member

    ReplyDelete

(Ignore the robot caption feature and just click submit for your comments. It's a blogger glitch) I appreciate each and every comment. Thank you so much!