Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Grateful for Mom

Can you believe that May is right around the corner?  That means it's time to recognize our mothers, the salt of this earth.  I had a special request from a friend at church to look at my Mother's Day cards.  Since I only had a couple to choose from, I got inspired to throw one more in the mix.

I have a few favorite stamp sets from the Unity Stamp Co and an idea, so I went to work.  For some reason, and this rarely happens, but I knew exactly what I was going to do.   Ding, ding, ding!  Gotta love those lightening strike moments....

I'll try to be quick here.  I combined 3 different Unity kits:  The flower swag is from the Bunches of Love sentiment kit, the leaves and sentiment are from the {Leaf}ing Grateful set, and the inside sentiment is from the Mother's day daisies set.  I added some Orange shiny May Arts ribbon that I've had forever and also some new May Arts green net ribbon which I am totally in love with these days.  Finished it all off with some enamel dots.  I just love the brightness of it.  Hope my friend does too.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Terri! Your card is gorgeous! What a beautiful way to celebrate the gift of mothers! :o) Thank you for your comment on my birthday wands this morning!

    To adhere the rolled flowers to cards/any paper, I use Crafter's Pick Incredibly Tacky Glue (purchased at Michaels). Something like Zip Dry Paper Glue would probably also be strong enough, but I always use the Incredibly Tacky Glue to adhere my handmade flowers or Wild Orchid Crafts Flowers because it's just so strong I never need to worry that it'll fall off after giving away the project. :o)

    I love these rolled flowers dies and if you get them, I hope you do too! :o) Have a beautiful day! Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete

(Ignore the robot caption feature and just click submit for your comments. It's a blogger glitch) I appreciate each and every comment. Thank you so much!