Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Believe in Magic! New Skittles release and Challenge!

Welcome to a brand new challenge at DoubleClick Skittles, and.....

a brand new release!

DoubleClick Skittles Challenge #26 - Disney or Mouse

7/22 - 8/4

*New Release - "Believe in Magic" Skittles

We are so excited about Carri's new release, Believe in Magic.  It's the PERFECT embellishment for all your Disney, Mickey Mouse projects, Pirates of the Caribbean  and more! 


Aren't these new colors fabulous?  Don't forget - each batch is hand made and new releases sell out fast so if you are even thinking about ordering, don't wait!




Today, I've created a self-closing box, using my Cricut Explore and papers from the Simple Stories Say Cheese 12x12 paper pad.



This is such a fun box.  All you do is press the sides together and it pops open.  I re-sized this box to approx 6"x10".   I'll share where you can find this file in my supply list at the bottom of this post.



I had so much fun deciding how I would use my Skittles.  I punched out some circles from my designer paper to make the mouse embellishment and added Skittles to the ears.




I also fussy cut the main image here, popped it out with foam squares and added more of the new  Believe in Magic Skittles.



These fussy cut balloons are added to my main image and decorated with more of these bubbly jewels!  I've added some May Arts Ribbon bakers twine for balloon string, as well as the red natural string behind the mouse ears.  Those fun little curly circles are stickers from SRM stickers.


This was such a fun project to make.  I absolutely love it and I adore how magical the new Skittles are!  I hope you fall in love and try some for yourself.  

Don't forget to go here to purchase the new Believe in Magic Skittles.

Enter the new challenge here, and be sure to read the rules of the challenge.

Linking to these additional challenges:




Supply List:
Believe in Magic Skittles
Simple Stories Say Cheese paper pad
Scor Tape 1/4"
Tombow adhesives (runner, glue, foam strips)
May Arts Ribbon 2mm black/white baker's twine
May Arts Ribbon red natural burlap string
SRM Press Black Stitches Stickers

**I've been asked by the designer of the Cricut Explore Design Space file to redirect folks to her blog and if you would like the DS file for the self-closing box, she will email it to you.  She asks that this file not be shared publicly.  It was made with free Cricut DS images so if you are a design space user, there will not be a charge.  You can find the information here.


#cre8time #believeinmagic #doubleclick #disney #skittles #mickeymouse #pirates #piratesofthecaribbean #mayartsribbon #party #birthday #gift #cricut #cricutexplore #srmstickers #tombow #simplestories #saycheese

23 comments:

  1. What a fun and magical box. Treats inside are the perfect surprise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are the perfect surprise. Thanks Georgiana!

      Delete
  2. WOW!! This turned out just adorable! I am lovin' the fun papers and adorable Mickey theme!!! Fun idea and super cute box!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOODNESS....what an adorable and magical treat box! I love it and how you decorated it too. So fun and to me just having the treat box would be treat enough for me! Just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok just stop! You are killing me with these adorable projects with all the cute details! Loving every piece of it! Thanks so much for being part of my team and being my extra right hand! Carri~Abusybee
    Skittles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, you're a sweetheart. Thanks for all the love! :)

      Delete
  5. Just love this!! Fantastic combination of colours, die cuts and embelishments! Very nice.
    Hugs, Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love this! What a great project! Love the Disney theme and all of the little details! You wouldn't know those squiggles were stickers. Thanks for playing in our neighborhood this week!

    Kathi, Owner
    613 Avenue Create

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathi. I think this is my 2nd time to link up at your site. Glad you like my project!

      Delete
  7. What a super project and so much fun.Love the subtle Disney theme and those skittles certainly work well with the papers.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lisa, happy that you stopped by!

      Delete
  8. I love this box project Terri! The colors and the detail elements. Simply beautiful. I don't use my Cricut Explorer much but you've inspired me to pull it out and make something this weekend. Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Your Passion. Have a lovely Friday. - Christina, GDT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christina, I use my Explore in spurts, haha. It'll stay quiet for a few weeks, then I'll go a little crazy. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  9. So many fun details on the cool fun fold box . Thank you for sharing the supplies used and the project with us at Anything But A Card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow really awesome box and all the details you put into the design. Thanks for joining us at Inspiration Destination.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous box with lovely colors and design. Love sketch. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Gals Corner Agnieszka DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all of the elements you used to make this box. Those skittles are fabulous!!

    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner for our To Die For challenge.

    ReplyDelete

(Ignore the robot caption feature and just click submit for your comments. It's a blogger glitch) I appreciate each and every comment. Thank you so much!