Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Believe in Magic Skittles New Release/Challenge

 It's week two of the brand new release of the DoubleClick Skittles, 
"Believe in Magic" collection. 

Plus, we're having a challenge as well.  Be sure to link up your Disney or Mouse themed project to our challenge by 8/4/15.  You do not have to use Skittles to link up.  Look for the challenge on the right sidebar here and be sure you read the challenge rules.


So many vacationers head to Disney every summer, and I thought it would be fun to create something functional to store your tickets, receipts, pressed pennies, etc., all in one place.  You can even attach your collectible Disney pins along the sides of this fun, playful passport.  When you get home, you can scrap your saved items.


My fused passport or pocket holder, has a flap with a Velcro tab so you can slip your tickets, receipts, etc. into the back of your passport.  I decorated the outside of my flap with punched circles that were adhered with an adhesive runner.  I've used my We R Memory Keepers Fuse for so many of my Skittles projects; the two really go hand in hand.  And, the stretchy May Arts Ribbon was the perfect "lanyard" to hold up my fused passport.  Toss it around your neck and go!



Have you tried Skittles yet?  These are just as delicious as the candy, only they last longer!  These fun little bubble embellishments go perfect with all your projects.  They're great for blinging out just about everything from cards to frames to mirrors and more. 

Click on the photo below to purchase the new Believe in Magic Skittles for just $4.00.  That's a 3 pk with 25 skittles per bag plus FREE SHIPPING in the USA!  Paypal is accepted too.  Bonus!



Here's a quick glance at how I made my fused passport, starting with an 8x8 page protector I had laying around.


Before you fuse the flap, be sure you trim off the backside, to allow for an open pocket.

Next time, I'll leave just a tad more room, perhaps about 1/4 to 1/2" on the sides, as it was a tight squeeze after I embellished my memory page and slipped it back in.

I love these new Skittles so much, I'm going to have to order more from Carri before they are sold out!  They are hot, hot, hot!


Linking up to these challenges:



Supplies: Believe in Magic DoubleClick Skittles, We R Memory Keepers Fuse, page protector, Tombow Power bond adhesive runner, Tombow foam squares, May Arts Ribbon 2 mm black/white twine, May Arts Ribbon red plaid ruffle ribbon, May Arts Ribbon adhesive scalloped border, Simple Stories Say Cheese paper, hole punch, 3/4" circle punch, Ranger liquid pearls onyx


#wrmk #skittles #tombow #mayartsribbon #simplestories #fuse #cre8time #Disney #mickeymouse #mouse #ranger #summer #vacation #magic #wavingmywand #rangerink #americancrafts

2 comments:

  1. This is just awesome!! Love the details and such a great design! I would totally use a pocket like this in my Smashbook! Carri~Abusybee
    Skittles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic project? Love it! Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Challenge!
    Hugs!
    Gayatri

    ReplyDelete

(Ignore the robot caption feature and just click submit for your comments. It's a blogger glitch) I appreciate each and every comment. Thank you so much!