Saturday, February 1, 2014

Bird new song card

Today I tried my hand at watercolor.   I'll admit, it's way out of my comfort zone as you can see.  I guess it's not THAT bad but still...not one of my better skills.  


I used multiple inks including a royal blue and dark green Inkadinkadoo for the sky and ground, American Craft Sunflower and Apricot on the sky also.  The images are a kit from the Unity Stamp Co called Sing a New Song and I also used a background stamp called Tattered chicken wire from Unity and I used Tim Holtz brushed corduroy distress ink on most of the stamps. 

 
I did add a little bling with some sparkly branches,  Smooch glitz in Lime Twist and a touch i off firefly Stickles glitter glue.   Finished it all off with Teresa Collins Vintage Finds twine and sparkly brads.  Oh, and I hand dotted all around the kraft card with a white Sakura gelly roll pen.  Love those things!  Hope you like my first true attempt at watercolor. ...♥

1 comment:

  1. Terri....that's the prettiest card yet.At least until the next one! Nancy

    ReplyDelete

(Ignore the robot caption feature and just click submit for your comments. It's a blogger glitch) I appreciate each and every comment. Thank you so much!