Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Sympathy card with lace butterfly

Don't you love accidents?   Not the spider-in-the-car-and-I-wrecked kind of accident but when something unexpected and perhaps joyful happens.  That's how this butterfly came about; totally by accident.  

Let me start with the card.  I'm a big fan of Unity Stamps and several are featured here.   First,  I took a piece of beige textured cardstock and used sandpaper to roughen up the surface a bit.   Next, I used my Tim Holtz distressing tool and ran it all around the edge for a vintage/old feel.   I used brown ink with a background stamp called "Worn Music" and stamped a frame and sentiment  from the "Everything More" and "Bunches of Love" collections.  To finish the paper, I filled in the gaps with sponged brown ink.  The sanding really helped give the ink a vintage look don't you think?


Now for the butterfly;  I had a piece of lace and I trimmed both ends like a banner tag >  <  See what I mean?   I took a piece of twine and wrapped it several times tightly around the middle and tied off a knot.  I cut the twine and had a butterfly!  I had planned to tie a bow in the center but I like my "accident".  Try one for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

(Ignore the robot caption feature and just click submit for your comments. It's a blogger glitch) I appreciate each and every comment. Thank you so much!