Saturday, March 29, 2014

Celebrate flower birthday card

So what do you do when you wake up in the wee hours of the morning, it's dark outside, you can't sleep........you make cards!

I was looking forward to sleeping in today but it just didn't happen.  I went to work and turned out this pretty card using two different stamp sets from Unity Stamps; Tiny Grained Banners" and "Celebrate in Style", which comes with the sentiment and the flowers that I fussy cut and glued to the center of a doily which, by the way, I edged with a pale pink ink.  The butterfly strip is from the DCWV Blossoms and Butterflies stack. 

Let me show you a Unity image of the tiny banners below, so you can see how I used them a little differently on the sentiment.  Also I did some embossing with my Cuttlebug on the base layer of paper.   Love how it turned out.  Oh, and the inside is stamped with Happy birthday.  Now maybe I can go take a nap!

2 comments:

(Ignore the robot caption feature and just click submit for your comments. It's a blogger glitch) I appreciate each and every comment. Thank you so much!